turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Occupations

Started by dawgfrombama, January 23, 2012, 10:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotcha

Own and operate a charter fishing boat in the Florida Keys.31 years so far.

CASH

Quote from: gotcha on February 07, 2012, 05:47:22 PM
Own and operate a charter fishing boat in the Florida Keys.31 years so far.

Nice
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

Swamprunner

I own an insurance agency. Work my butt off 320 days for 45 days of heaven

Newram05

Quote from: OldHen on February 07, 2012, 08:47:22 AM
I have the most important job  (most will agree) ...and that is keeping the OG site up and running!   :icon_thumright:   :lol:
Big thumbs up!!

BrowningGuy88

Currently a Project Manager/Project Consultant at a small engineering firm.

Started life as a grounds keeper for a man who owned more land than anybody I know, got into landscaping at 16 from that. Bought a Silverado, a 18 foot trailer, 2 zero turns and all the goodies - built the biz. Went to electrical engineering school at 17. Sold the landscaping business at 19 to my competition and paid off my school debt and the rest of my education. Went to work at a paper mill as a Project Manager's Assistant Engineer. Worked there three years climbing into a full PM position by 22. 23 now and just started with the new company. Loving life and hope to own either this place or one a lot like it by 40!

HoggleGobble

Electrical Project Engineer for a papermill..... And a backup singer for Eric Church......................... between the hours of 4:45- 6:00AM and 5:30-6:45 PM.....On the way to and from work......... and don't be jealous, it's what I do!!!

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: HoggleGobble on February 09, 2012, 05:23:50 PMAnd a backup singer for Eric Church......................... between the hours of 4:45- 6:00AM and 5:30-6:45 PM.....On the way to and from work......... and don't be jealous, it's what I do!!!
:lol: ;D :TooFunny:

JWC07

Roadway construction inspector... I watch people work. When you are hung up in construction zone traffic and see one guy diggin' and 3 watchin', I'm the one with my hands in my pocket. Or maybe I'm in the truck with the AC on

X-Tennessean

Journeyman Maintenance Foreman (baby sitter !!) for local utility, water/wastewater operator certified, distribution certified !

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: JWC07 on February 09, 2012, 10:28:10 PM
Roadway construction inspector... I watch people work. When you are hung up in construction zone traffic and see one guy diggin' and 3 watchin', I'm the one with my hands in my pocket. Or maybe I'm in the truck with the AC on

That's me too - just on a construction site. Go to the nastiest place there and find the guy in a White hard hat and that is generally me.

Curtdawg88

Graduated 2 years ago with a degree in forestry and a concentration in wildlife management. Currently I work for an environmental consultant doing wetland delineations and wetland permitting through the corps of engineers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

Tail Feathers

You sound like a walking example of the American way.  Work hard, make smart decisions and succeed.  You've done a lot for such a young man.  Congratulations!
Quote from: Daman on February 09, 2012, 04:22:36 PM
Currently a Project Manager/Project Consultant at a small engineering firm.

Started life as a grounds keeper for a man who owned more land than anybody I know, got into landscaping at 16 from that. Bought a Silverado, a 18 foot trailer, 2 zero turns and all the goodies - built the biz. Went to electrical engineering school at 17. Sold the landscaping business at 19 to my competition and paid off my school debt and the rest of my education. Went to work at a paper mill as a Project Manager's Assistant Engineer. Worked there three years climbing into a full PM position by 22. 23 now and just started with the new company. Loving life and hope to own either this place or one a lot like it by 40!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

BrowningGuy88

Thanks Tail Feathers! 

I have aspirations, but one thing I like to make sure people understand about me is I work to live not live to work. I would rather muck horse stalls for minimum wage and have my wife and hopefully kids know who husband and dad is than to make $750k a year (I don't) and them only see me in passing and miss out on all the good times. Because one day somebody else is going to get to spend my savings and life insurance money - I ain't going to take it to the pearly gates with me.

RS

Hydrogeologist with the NC Div. of Water Quality.

hookedspur

Quote from: OldHen on February 07, 2012, 08:47:22 AM
I have the most important job  (most will agree) ...and that is keeping the OG site up and running!   :icon_thumright:   :lol:

:agreed:  :icon_thumright:  :thanks:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions