News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How I roll , My Deer Hunting Ride

Started by Woodsman4God, November 24, 2012, 08:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodsman4God

Hi Guys

This thread could have also been titled you might be  a redneck if, however no one has ever accused me of being a redneck so I guess that wouldnt fit here, anyways I got this really nice doe out back in the swamp where I hunt about 5 minutes after I got busted by what I believe was a buck coming in from the opposite direction of where this doe came from. She dressed out at 128 lbs with an estimated live weight of 165 lbs, definately my best doe to date.

Heres the pic of my ride and the deer on it.

Thats right guys Ford Focus with a cargo carrier , thought you all might get a chuckle out of this sight.

Thanks to Kamski for letting me hang it in his pole barn for a day or so, thats his truck and Home in the background

Spring Creek Calls

I can see a new Ford commercial in the future.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

Eric Gregg

I guess the economy is really tuff....now we are carrying our deer out on fuel efficient cars

captin_hook

kamski1151

I would say more like 108 lbs. For some strange reason deer are always around 20 lbs lighter after they hang in my barn overnight. Barn shrinkage I think they call it. :-)  congrats on a nice Doe.

When I'm not in the woods, I'm honkin on a Blues Harp

tomstopper

Quote from: Eric Gregg on November 24, 2012, 10:47:31 AM
I guess the economy is really tuff....now we are carrying our deer out on fuel efficient cars
:TooFunny: :TooFunny:

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

woodwzrd

Haha, you gotta do what you gotta do is what I say. Nice doe :icon_thumright:

I have a 94 saturn beater that I use as my daily commuter. Last year when I got a nice doe with my bow the only way I had to haul it the 5 miles to home was to feed two ratchet straps under the trunk lid and close it, lay the deer on top of the trunk and hook the straps back to them selves and cinch it down. It worked so well that when I got a buck later in the rifle season I did the exact same thing to get it home which was 90 miles from where I shot it.

stinkpickle

A carrier don't count.  Strap that carcass to the hood!   :D 

HogBiologist

Put it in the trunk.  That is where I like to put my deer.
Certified Wildlife Biologist

lightsoutcalls

Roll down the windows, pop in some dueling banjos and move with the music!   ;D

A man's gotta get his game home somehow!
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

gob09

very nice doe congrats i expected to see an ole beat up chevy 4wd or something of that nature but definetly not a ford focus