turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ARIZONA MONSTER BULL ELK

Started by slamman, October 26, 2012, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slamman

Here are some monster bulls taken in Arizona this year.

this one was taken behind the shopping mall in unit 11M Flagstaff it scores in the 440 range.

rumor has it this one scores in the 470 range

tomstopper

dirt road ninja

savduck

Georgia Boy

turkey slayer

Crawdad

Ya'll got a nuclear plant there or something?

ILIKEHEVI-13

The question is were those free ranging elk? 

dirt road ninja

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on November 01, 2012, 07:56:04 PM

A great question indeed. The only folks who would know for sure are the guys in the picture or the guys taking the pics. Great animals!

slamman

Quote from: ILIKEHEVI-13 on November 01, 2012, 07:56:04 PM

every single one was free ranging we have no high fence private property hunts in Arizona like other states do.

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Slamman,
You neglected to include the 440" bull Corey Knowlton killed in early August with Mossback on the governor's tag.

Those bulls are fine representatives of what good management and limited access areas are capable of producing.

I spent 21 days bowhunting a 380" 6x6 in Utah back in late August and September.  Missed him due to a branch deflection but stalking to 8 yards from that bull was an experience I'll never forget.

I can't wait to draw Arizona to chase giants with a bow once again.

slamman

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on November 01, 2012, 11:55:01 PM
Slamman,
You neglected to include the 440" bull Corey Knowlton killed in early August with Mossback on the governor's tag.

Those bulls are fine representatives of what good management and limited access areas are capable of producing.

I spent 21 days bowhunting a 380" 6x6 in Utah back in late August and September.  Missed him due to a branch deflection but stalking to 8 yards from that bull was an experience I'll never forget.

I can't wait to draw Arizona to chase giants with a bow once again.

I believe that one was taken in 3C?  If so I never got a picture of it.  Actually there are a lot I didn't post.  Just saw a picture today of one taken on the White Mountain Apache Reservation that scored over 500.

Sorry to here about your tough luck in Utah. Three years ago my nephews talked me into putting in for archery elk I was drawn and took a nice 330-340 elk.  I had the time of my life the only thing I regret is waiting so long (I'm in my mid-50's) to do this archery stuff.  I know have 6 bonus points and that is usually what it takes for a resident, don't have far to go the elk live in my backyard.

surehuntsalot

unbelievable  amount of bones
always been a dream hunt of mine,go go out west and elk hunt
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Gooserbat

I would hate to kill something like that...I would be worthless for the rest of my life.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ElkTurkMan

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff