OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Platz and Corder Collctions

Started by golfernash, February 26, 2020, 05:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Quote from: Daddy rat on February 27, 2020, 04:48:45 PM
Blue Mahoe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
want to sell that spec 1 lol  :happy0064:

goblr77

Corder - Osage Crystal
Platz - Cherry Slate
Platz - Walnut Glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KYHeadhunter02

Some guys act like you asked them how much money they have in the bank.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

golfernash

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 27, 2020, 08:17:12 PM

Well it could be construed as "money in the bank"

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: golfernash on February 27, 2020, 08:24:07 PM
Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 27, 2020, 08:17:12 PM

Well it could be construed as "money in the bank"
Yes and no. The wealthiest people I know live modest, one does have one hell of a firearm collection though. Otherwise you wouldn't know it by how he dresses and what he drives. Warren Buffet lives in a small home he grew up in and is still very conservative. So I wouldn't say you can define a person's wealth by how many turkey calls he has unless that person had an enormous collection. I know exactly who ownes the most of one of those call makers you mentioned. As they say...It's all in who you know...

I guess that's all a whole different conversation.

sbbow

I'm gonna say this an I might be wrong. People pay what the call makers ask NOT what people are asking. I'd b willing to bet my last dollar if any of these 2 call makers were asking that for there calls they wouldn't sell. JMO

MDTOM84

I'm not afraid to say I own 12 of Paul Platz's pots, he is my favorite maker. His pots have the "sound" I like. I would consider Paul and me friends but I haven't gotten any "extra" pots because we are friends. Out of the 12 I have, I have only gotten 2 from Paul. I'm on the same list as everyone else.

golfernash

I am a big fan of both makers. I have owned a lot from each and while everyone has their favorites you will not find a bad call from them.

spurz

MDTOM84

Here's mine, #12 is in the mail now and will be here Monday. Top row- all 3 were entered in Nashville last year when Paul won the DD Adams, left to right, cherry grey slate over glass, Canarywood aluminum over slate, Walnut green slate over glass
2nd row- zebrawood glass over slate, padauk glass over slate, Osage glass over slate
3rd row- cherry Glass over glass, Walnut glass over slate, cherry crystal over slate, Walnut glass over glass
Bottom row- cherry grey slate over glass, has a completely different outside rim.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

golfernash

Platz calls starting top left
Walnut crystal over glass two sider
Walnut double glass
Walnut Glass/Aluminum
Cherry Aluminum over slate
Maple slate over glass
Cherry slate over glass

Corder Calls
Padauk Glass-over Slate
Osage Glass/slate
Snake wood Aluminum over glass
Granadillo Aluminum over glass
Osage slate over glass

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harty

awesome looking calls. Thanks for sharing .appreciate it......maybe some day....

gdc23

Some serious bling here, how many of you that own Platz and Corder pots hunt them, are they still in the rotation or have they been deemed to collectible to hunt.  I would like to think they still go hunting

MDTOM84

Quote from: gdc23 on March 01, 2020, 08:14:27 AM
Some serious bling here, how many of you that own Platz and Corder pots hunt them, are they still in the rotation or have they been deemed to collectible to hunt.  I would like to think they still go hunting
every single one of mine see vest time each year. The Platz CanaryWood aluminum called in 5 to the gun in the first week of season last year.