turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Question

Started by wmn2, February 25, 2016, 06:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wmn2

Hey all, I just ordered tulipwood, osage orange, and cedar strikers for my pot calls. Any of you have personal experience with the tulipwood or osage? What type of calls you run them on? What sounds they make best? I ordered the cedar to use on my slate due to things I've read on here about them. i chose the other two just for something different and I've read a little about them on here as well.

Thanks for the help

outdoors

I HAD A tulipwood WITH A MUSHROOM STRIKER END AND PLAYS ON EVERYTHING I HAVE
I HAVE A CERAMIC /SLATE AND PLAYS BOTH SIDES LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW ......
CEDAR IS MORE MILD PLAYING
OSAGE PLAYS ON SOME OF MY CALLS AND OTHER calls  NOT SO ..... 
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Bowguy

Tulip is awesome. I use it primarily on glass/Crystal calls but it works well on everything I've tried

PALongspur

I love tulipwood! Definitely one of my favorites on every surface!

West Augusta

You will love both the Osage and Tulipwood.  The Cedar will work good for early morning stuff. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

wmn2

Yea I got te cedar mainly for quiet calling and close in. I'm glad the tulip will play most any call. I have a slate and a glass. I've got purple heart and cherry strikers too. The purple plays awesome on both and the cherry plays well on the slate. The cherry makes awesome purrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteelerFan

Tulipwood is one of my most "do all" strikers. Like others said, plays everything - slate, glass, titanium for me. If that was just a "guess" order, you guessed right!

wmn2

The tulipwood wasn't as much of a guess as the osage orange. I've seen a lot of people on here talk about tulip, but I just wanted some more details.

Spitten and drummen

I like all three you mentioned. the tulip is the most versital on most surfaces. I have a couple of calls , a copper and a glass that the osage cant be beat on.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

I don't know if you are mind set on these but there's another THATS good
MARBLEWOOD  just a thought for ya   
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

paboxcall

I have an osage striker hand whittled by an old turkey hunter from West Virginia.  Nothing fancy, just purely functional.  It runs everything I own and been with me for many seasons.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer