OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

STEVE REEVE'S SUPREME CALLS FOR SALE

Started by REBELYELL, February 16, 2016, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

Quote from: hunter22 on February 22, 2016, 11:41:38 AM
John----I have done this a lot. If you see a call you really want and next to impossible to buy then sometimes you have to pay a premium to get it. Congrats on two fine calls.
We have all done this. As Rickey said there are times when what your looking for is hard to come by so you bite the bullet and drop the cash. I have a 1985 DD Adams Super slate I got this way and its still one of my treasured calls that I own.

Jgarrett

Quote from: callmakerman on February 22, 2016, 12:17:49 PM
Quote from: hunter22 on February 22, 2016, 11:41:38 AM
John----I have done this a lot. If you see a call you really want and next to impossible to buy then sometimes you have to pay a premium to get it. Congrats on two fine calls.
We have all done this. As Rickey said there are times when what your looking for is hard to come by so you bite the bullet and drop the cash. I have a 1985 DD Adams Super slate I got this way and its still one of my treasured calls that I own.

Thanks a lot guys.  It's good to know I'm not the only one that feels this way.  I look at these calls as works of art, along with loving to hunt them and collect them, and when you appreciate what it takes to build great calls (pot, box, scratch...etc) it is very easy to justify their cost.  Now that is just my opinion, and I completely can understand someone who doesn't think that way.  I can remember the first custom call I had built a few years back was a Lon Trice Birdseye maple slate (my father gave me my first call and it was a Roberts Brothers), and I think I paid $55 for it from Lon, and at that time you would have thought I just bought a $1200 Cost box, lol.....Good luck to everybody this season, and I think now I'll make sure to post a picture of a dead bird this year with one of these 2 supreme calls, lol.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

worth612000

I would le be P'ed if He didn't combined shipping and stuck them in the same box. Nobody has mentioned if seller is a member on here.

Forgot,  congrats John , I really liked that one in the osage pot.

Jgarrett

Quote from: worth612000 on February 22, 2016, 02:06:38 PM
I would le be P'ed if He didn't combined shipping and stuck them in the same box. Nobody has mentioned if seller is a member on here.

Forgot,  congrats John , I really liked that one in the osage pot.

I'm very interested in how they sound, since they are of unusual woods from Steve.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

SCtrkyhntr

I have a lot of Steve's calls and I think you will like them.  I have a double suicide in Osage, mine is from around 2000 and I really like the sound of it.  I have another double suicide in some other wood combo I can't remember off the top of my head.  I think the Strut Buster and Double Suicide are his most popular calls but I personally prefer the pinnacle calls.

mwr

Quote from: Jgarrett on February 22, 2016, 09:38:21 AM
Yes, Yes....I was the guy who bought them.....I'm sure Rickey figured it out, because of the IV at the end of the Ebay name.  It was a little high, but Steve is one of the few callmakers, along with Corder, Platz, Lausman, Lyman, Mabry, and a couple more that I just think makes one of the best calls out there.  I think I have said it a few times on here before, but his talking dirty and pure death cocobolo are two of my favorite calls, and the fact that a 2 sided call is also something I enjoy hunting with made this a pretty easy choice for me.  I also have to agree with the logic that, yes I paid probably about $40 over market price per call, but they are being shipped to me this morning.....and ya'll have to remember, ole Zumer...aka boatpaddle, will tell you that this call business is a disease :help: I will make sure to post some pictures and soundfiles on the calls when they come in, and give my honest opinion on them. 

John Garrett IV
Marianna, FL

ps.....no he didn't combine shipping :angry9: :TooFunny:
Congrats John!!!!!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Jgarrett

Quote from: SCtrkyhntr on February 22, 2016, 03:38:52 PM
I have a lot of Steve's calls and I think you will like them.  I have a double suicide in Osage, mine is from around 2000 and I really like the sound of it.  I have another double suicide in some other wood combo I can't remember off the top of my head.  I think the Strut Buster and Double Suicide are his most popular calls but I personally prefer the pinnacle calls.

I have his Talking Dirty in a pinnacle pot, and also have his pure death pinnacle.....they all sound great to me.
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

Spitten and drummen

all that matters is you got what you wanted. congrats on some good calls.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

KYFrid

I understand completely. I have a strut buster that I'll never part with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jgarrett

I do have a question maybe somebody can answer.  I know that one call is obviously Osage Orange, but the fella that sold them to me didn't know the other wood...what do ya'll think?  Bocote or zebrawood maybe? 
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

drenalinld

Jgarrett

John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

2nd 100

As a personal friend of Reeves it still takes me over a year to get one of his calls , but they are well worth what he gets for them . That being said there are some great calls that are cheaper and sound as good , it's all about consistency in your product . I carry a Supreme aluminum and Osage call that is truely Pure Death ( pun intended) in my hands on all subSpecies.  It goes everywhere with me. Aroond home I tote Cody calls, Halloran's and Lonzo's calls all have killed turkeys for me. And when my back is against the wall my last friction invitation is going to be A Supreme One.
If you want it and can get it today price is not that big of a deal , you made a good grab IMHO....

scoot12

congrats on some great calls.  A supreme is one call i don't own.  Maybe someday.  Scoot