OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What do you consider the "ultimate" turkey gun?

Started by olejake, February 20, 2014, 11:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJK68

I love my 870 Bottomland camo,Super Mag, Burris FastFire, Hevi-Shot tube, Hevi-13 #7's.

Byhalia

Quote from: highwaygun on March 04, 2014, 10:17:24 PM
The ultimate turkey gun is in the eye of the beholder. My ultimate turkey gun is the one i hunt with a H&R 10ga single shot. I could care less about having a pump or a semi because my goal is to kill the turkey I am shooting at with the first shot. And let me tell you thats what this gun does. Anything in front of this guns bead from zero to 60 dies when the hammer drops and since I have started shooting HW's they dont even wiggle. I know it dont shot some of the 300 plus  patterns yall speak of on here but it is a stone cold killer of turkey. I have pulled or seen the trigger pulled on this gun 27 times in the spring turkey hunting and 27 birds have got a ride in the truck. I know there are many great turkey hunter on here better than me with guns alot more expensive and fancier than mine but how many can say that about there gun.

DBL that  !!    :icon_thumright:

H & R 10 ga.
21" barrel (cut and sleeved from original 36" barrel, enforcing cone lengthened)
fixed full choke and rifle sights.....using mag blends
SIMPLY an AWESOME turkey gun !!
Been using it since 1979.....  34 yrs. plus and still at the top of its game !!!!
many...many dead birds to its account.
~ Listen to the Wind ~    http://customprocalls.com/

Old Gobbler

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

chatterbox

ericjames

mr perfect

skeeterbait said it right . i agree 100 percent the 835 was built for the 3.5 in shell so was the 935 .the other guns were made to handle the 3.5 in shell basically what he is saying i shoot my 870 but they have never patterned as well as my 835 .but the only thing is the 870 is a little more more refined .

WVHills

Quote from: Old Gobbler on March 09, 2014, 08:40:16 PM

Jealous ...bitches....

I like the back up handgun....in case the light and knife don't get the job done.

20ga.turkeyshooter

My ultimate turkey gun is a tristar hunter mag 28" barrel with hevi shot 6 shot with a jelly head choke I get 190 pellets in a 10 inch circle at 50 yards

mad815

Olejake----- Hunt with your old standby shotgun without the camo tape.  Never met a turkey yet that knew what a uncamo shotgun was.    Web

Mason Dixon

"I hope Ol' Gobbler has "patented" that beauty.....would be a shame if he didn't collect some royalties for his.....inspiration.....GOT MY VOTE....'CEPT.......would have to have a P226 on the butt....with a KaBar on the muzzle.....when I take Ol' Tom out of his....beach bunker emplacement.....OH HELL......FORGIT THE 12 GAUGE.....<sounds of rummaging in closet>.....now where did I put Granddad's flame thrower from Okinawa.....we'll jest fry Ol' Tom up right there in the bunker...."
1) Ithaca M37: aftermkt. pistol grip stock; full choke 30"; Deerslayer cylinder bore
2) Benelli M1 Super 90: cylinder bore defense barrel
3) Benelli Super Nova: Steady Grip stock; assorted Carlson's chokes; Indian Creek; Primos Jelly Head
4) Hand made wing bones; boxes; pots and strikers; diaphrams; wing flappers