OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

If you could get 150 with Lead #5's, would you even bother with HTL?

Started by 3" 870 Shell Shucker, May 31, 2011, 06:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncmountainfella

Man Hevi, That is Awesome! There is easily over 70 shot in the turkey head and neck!!!! Amazing!!!

ILIKEHEVI-13

Not bad Hal.  But we are going to have to get those 20GA numbers up a bit.   :z-guntootsmiley: :lol:

Longshanks

Quote from: 2ounce6s on June 03, 2011, 09:31:18 AM
Understood. I tried lead 3" #6s and 7.5s through it and wouldn't let him attempt any shots beyond 20 yards. Ended up with longbeards inside 30 yards three hunts! Finally had two jakes about to step in front of him at 15 yards but he moved and they busted us. Was just hoping to make the .410 a 25 or maybe 30 yard gun. Pardon my indiscretion for asking., just had to.  ;D

Awesome site to see a young turkey hunter like that!! I have an old REM 11-48 410g automatic that i lugged around the woods with my dad when i was 6-8.  Never shot a turkey with it but that gun holds some memories for me.  Its a full choke barrel 24.5 in.  Shoot squirrels with it now.  Wish i had some ammo to help you out with..be a fine day to see that little man kill his first turkey!! If he hasnt already..

3" 870 Shell Shucker

This turned out to be an interesting thread. 

I've consistently gotten some nice even patterns with Win Sup HV Lead #5's.  I wish the numbers were a little higher at 40 Yards, but at 35+ Yards the #5's are devastating.  If I could consistently get 20 more pellets with Lead #6's, I'd lean that way, but the numbers are normally pretty close.

HTL still rocks. 

surehuntsalot

lead isn't dead by no means......Mossberg 835 .695 Undertaker choke with Winchester 3.5" HV #4's
125 hits at 40
it's not the harvest,it's the chase