turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

One more reason why I love OnX

Started by ChesterCopperpot, April 22, 2021, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sungrazer

I'm for the most part very pleased with my one state OnX subscription. I travel quite a bit enjoying the outdoors, use it kayak fishing rivers and lakes, Dirtbiking, Mountain biking, mushroom hunting, hiking, Arrowhead hunting, super helpful hunting public land, and the save map feature is key in river bottoms where usually one cannot get service. They have always been helpful with questions or glitches. I give it two thumbs up.

Ol timer

Dropped on X due several reasons land not updating property images, boundaries are off, can't connect in a lot of places. Went with Basemap so far no problem with anything and I get the entire USA for $30.

Paulmyr

When you go into a no service area with onx you need to make sure you are logged in first before you lose service. I keep my phone and tablet constantly logged in to avoid this problem. After that it's as simple as using the offline function.  I've had a couple glitches with offline maps not loading properly but not many. I think it may have been related to not using the offline function and the phone trying to update with memory from storage.
The summer time areal photos are out of date and not being able to see through the trees in some areas is a downfall.
Property lines that I have seen match up well with borders in onx.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

crow

If these guys at onx and the other apps are turkey hunters, how do you know this isn't just some "Deep State" scheme to hack into your secret turkey spots, and your paying them to do it.  :TooFunny:

You all are way more trusting than I am

eggshell

Quote from: Ol timer on April 23, 2021, 01:56:16 PM
Dropped on X due several reasons land not updating property images, boundaries are off, can't connect in a lot of places. Went with Basemap so far no problem with anything and I get the entire USA for $30.

Will have to look into that

Sir-diealot

Quote from: eggshell on April 23, 2021, 07:41:21 PM
Quote from: Ol timer on April 23, 2021, 01:56:16 PM

Will have to look into that
It is what I have been using as well, they have better zoom than OnX but their maps are not as new. Other than that I like it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

FLGobstopper

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on April 22, 2021, 02:55:08 PM
Few things in my lifetime have changed the way I hunt more than mapping software. I love being able to mark things on a map and use topo intel in the field to plan a move on a gobbler. Wished they had a turkey scratch icon to use so I sent a question today and got this reply within the hour. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you sent that message to them. Been thinking myself many times this season I wish they had a turkey scratching icon and just thought yesterday I need to message them.

Guess I'll still send them that message and hopefully with multiple requests we'll see it happen.

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: crow on April 23, 2021, 06:28:01 PM
If these guys at onx and the other apps are turkey hunters, how do you know this isn't just some "Deep State" scheme to hack into your secret turkey spots, and your paying them to do it.  :TooFunny:

I heard last year a few got in trouble for doing just that..True or not who knows.

I have the elite package all the states...I'm fairly happy other then as mentioned the detail is garbage..Google maps smokes onX and it's free..So what it don't have property lines and fancy pin drops.

I may check into others myself,just sucks to have so much saved on one platform

crow

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 24, 2021, 09:26:39 PM
Quote from: crow on April 23, 2021, 06:28:01 PM

I heard last year a few got in trouble for doing just that..True or not who knows.

I have the elite package all the states...I'm fairly happy other then as mentioned the detail is garbage..Google maps smokes onX and it's free..So what it don't have property lines and fancy pin drops.

I may check into others myself,just sucks to have so much saved on one platform

I was just joking, sleep deprivation and all.

I'm not signed up for any of those programs and hadn't heard about any of that going on last year.
Goggle maps are pretty handy.

I still think it's cheaper to just get your friends all likkered up and talking to find out about good secret spots

Dtrkyman

Prime example of the pro's of ONX the other day, hunting a national forest with very little private, of course a few birds were on the line, followed the map and got into position on a little sliver that went in between the private, confirmed by fence lines but they were not posted.

Called in the flock and killed one!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: FLGobstopper on April 24, 2021, 08:46:36 PM
Few things in my lifetime have changed the way I hunt more than mapping software. I love being able to mark things on a map and use topo intel in the field to plan a move on a gobbler. Wished they had a turkey scratch icon to use so I sent a question today and got this reply within the hour. Good stuff.

Glad you sent that message to them. Been thinking myself many times this season I wish they had a turkey scratching icon and just thought yesterday I need to message them.

Guess I'll still send them that message and hopefully with multiple requests we'll see it happen.
It's already on there they just added the turkey scratching icon I noticed it today

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 26, 2021, 06:02:09 PM
Quote from: FLGobstopper on April 24, 2021, 08:46:36 PM

It's already on there they just added the turkey scratching icon I noticed it today

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
LOVE THEM EVEN MORE!!! I'm amazed. Also tells us we should all reach out to them when we have ideas.

3bailey3

help.. i dont see a gobbler or the scratching icon, where do you go to find it, i only have the one state app.

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: 3bailey3 on April 26, 2021, 08:52:27 PM
help.. i dont see a gobbler or the scratching icon, where do you go to find it, i only have the one state app.
When you "add a waypoint" in your tools tab you can choose between a lot of icons, you can also color code the point, add notes, etc.

3bailey3

thanks David i found it, going to like this!