turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Alluminum striker

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 08, 2016, 09:17:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Anyone used one on glass/crystal? Opinions?

West Augusta

I bought one at the Unicoi show.  It's solid aluminum.  The guy that made it ran a glass call covered in water.  It sounded great.
I'll have it in my vest on rainy days. I'll post a picture when I dig it out.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KYHeadhunter02

I happened to see one on Larry Gressers page, and was curious. He says on his page they run great.

dantheman

Reynolds calls have been putting them out for about 10 years. Definitely sound pretty good when you need to reach out on a windy day.

West Augusta

Here's the one I got at Unicoi
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Spitten and drummen

That's a sharp striker. Who makes it and what did it set you back. I would love to hear how it sounds.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Spitten and drummen

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on April 08, 2016, 10:44:59 PM
I happened to see one on Larry Gressers page, and was curious. He says on his page they run great.
I have one and will not talk bad about it but I will say it doesn't work for me. I haven't ran it on one of my pots that it sounds satisfactory. Again that's just me. Some folks may love it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

West Augusta

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on April 09, 2016, 10:08:10 PM
That's a sharp striker. Who makes it and what did it set you back. I would love to hear how it sounds.
To be honest, I can't remember the man's name.  It wasn't that expensive for a solid aluminum striker.
I'm thinking $15 or $20 Maybe someone on here will recognize it. 

The Cohutta Strutter

Quote from: West Augusta on April 09, 2016, 08:54:35 PM

Steve, that looks like one of Tim Sanfords (rut n strut game calls) ? Does that sound familiar?
Anybody seen America lately?

West Augusta

Quote from: The Cohutta Strutter on April 10, 2016, 02:06:42 PM
Quote from: West Augusta on April 09, 2016, 08:54:35 PM

Steve, that looks like one of Tim Sanfords (rut n strut game calls) ? Does that sound familiar?
I do believe that's who it was.  Tim was there at the Unicoi show.