Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Glass/Crystal to compliment my Twisted Sister- Suggestions?

Started by Row Jimmy, February 28, 2016, 10:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Row Jimmy

I am looking at adding another Glass/Crystal pot to compliment my Twisted Sister.  Calls that I am considering:
-Sneed Outlaw Hen
-Lonzo Maple or Zebrawood Glass
-Halloran Mistress
- Schafer Mad Hen
Others?

Thinking a call with less rasp than the TS. Trying to stay in the $40-70 range.
Thanks for any insight.

Jbird22

I had a Twisted Sister and liked it fine but always seemed to opt for the less raspy Mad Hen 2. That's my vote. Love that call!

yelpaholic

the sneed call was usually first out of my vest last year...

mote1977

BABS9

beakbuster10

I just traded a mistress for a mad hen 2 and don't ever see getting rid of my Lonzo maple glass. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greentag

mad hen 2,brad roberts glass/glass,and for a very good one for 50 dollars is david hallorans double glass,its one of my favorites from him next to his new slate call.

troutfisher13111

I had a mistress and didn't think it sounded different enough from my twisted sister to warrant me keeping it.

Spitten and drummen

i would say get a lonzo glass over glass in a bubinga waterfall or oarange agate pot. you will certainly be more than happy.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

griffman

letinmfly

Captain of the former Gobble Kings

Stump.270

I love the mistress but the Halloran double glass is just as good if u want a different sound the double glass is the way to go they are 50$ too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smooth_Operator

Roberts Brothers Wormy Chestnut Glass over Slate double sider has brought a lot of gobblers to the gun for a lot of people. I pair mine with a Halloran one piece purpleheart striker and something about it the toms just love...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

duckaholic25

Brad Roberts Poplar glass over glass call is the call your looking for.

OHturkey85

Lonnie Sneeds outlaw hen it's the best 30 bucks you'll ever spend(40 with a cover)on top of that mr. Sneed is pleasure to talk turkey with!