turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

lets see those 870 youth 20 builds!

Started by Full strut, February 24, 2016, 03:02:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full strut

I like the looks of those shurshot stocks on those 870 youth models. Looks like a slick little piece!

seadux

Finally finished mine last summer by dipping but the gun has already killed 5 birds when it was black :gobble:

Dirtybird552

I've got a question about The new style long forearms. Will a 12ga fit the 20?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tommythreetoes

Youth 20 on the right side of the pic.  Still working on it, but phoenix kicklite stock (which I think I like), and forend (which I dislike).  I bought the newer style forend to match the 12 ga in the picture but I haven't put it on yet.  IC .555 in it right now.  Williams fire sights are on it now (not in the pic).  I haven't shot it yet.  If it's too tight, then I'll be experimenting with chokes to get it right.  If it all goes as expected, then next year I'd like to add a FF sight, and either dip or cerakote to finish her off.  The 20 craze is real!  Honestly I kinda like tinkering with turkey guns.  It helps me get through late winter  :fire:

cramerhunts

Got it's first bird of the year last weekend during Florida's Youth Hunt. My daughter absolutely loves it and honestly I am really impressed with it as well.

Full strut

Cramer that is a nice gun bud! I bet your daughter was beside herself to get her first bird. Everything I'm seeing so far is this 870 youth build will replace my sbe2 lol should have just done this from the get!

Sand Man

Quote from: Full strut on March 03, 2016, 01:53:32 AM
Cramer that is a nice gun bud! I bet your daughter was beside herself to get her first bird. Everything I'm seeing so far is this 870 youth build will replace my sbe2 lol should have just done this from the get!

Your only regret will be not doing it sooner.  I built mine and have since converted my dad and several friends.  I've built 8 or 9 so far.  Here's my personal gun that I hand painted:

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Reloader

I left the RTHD camo on the stocks as is and had all the metal cerakoted in Patriot Brown:

Full strut

That looks awesome! I really like that combo. What choke and she'll do you shoot?

Tommythreetoes

SandMan....I absolutely love that paint job.  I've seen you post it here before and if I could duplicate it, I would have already.   :z-winnersmiley:

Sand Man

Quote from: Full strut on March 14, 2016, 05:49:01 PM
That looks awesome! I really like that combo. What choke and she'll do you shoot?

Not sure if directed at me Full, but if so thanks!  I shoot the Remington Super Full (not rated for Hevi shot) choke and TSS #9.5's.  Gun has killed lots of turkeys.  Hoping to complete my slam with it this spring.

Quote from: Tommythreetoes on March 14, 2016, 09:46:40 PM
SandMan....I absolutely love that paint job.  I've seen you post it here before and if I could duplicate it, I would have already.   :z-winnersmiley:

Appreciate it.  This was the first one I hand painted.  I went a little overboard with it.  There's really not that much to it other than lots of time.  I'm about to paint one for my dad.  I'm going to try and do the old tree bark pattern but instead of the yellowish green leaves I'm going to make the turkey tracks the yellowish green.  Hopefully it turns out to his liking.

Full strut

It was directed at you bud. Great looking gun and I'm sure it patterns even better with those tss 9.5

Sand Man

Quote from: Full strut on March 15, 2016, 10:26:54 PM
It was directed at you bud. Great looking gun and I'm sure it patterns even better with those tss 9.5

Appreciate it, and scary good.  I'll have to dig up the patterns, but it was North of 400 in the 10 at 40 yards.   :OGani:

Footballer

Full strut

I just got my gun to start my project with. Really excited for the local stores to stock up on ammo so I can start hittin the patterning board