turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Season over

Started by jepcho, May 17, 2015, 10:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jepcho

Well guys that is it for me for spring 2015.  Today is the last day of season in Iowa and I was planning to take a buddy out since I am tagged out here but the weather didn't cooperate and sent some pretty strong thunderstorms through about 5 this morning.  So that does it for me...  :'( :'(

All in all I had an amazing season.  Probably my best ever.  Was involved and helped with the taking of 10 birds, killing 5 myself.  Got my first Merriam's and my first Rio this year.  Filled every tag I purchased (1 in Nebraska, 2 in Kansas, 2 in Iowa).  Called two toms over 700 yards to 15 yards and watched my 13 year old brother shoot one of them which was his first tom.  Got my dad another big Iowa gobbler, filmed my buddy shoot his first Merriam's and also watched him crawl through nasty mud on his belly to get to a fence row where he then killed two Kansas rios.  Not to mention all the hanging out, joking, and just plain fun I had with everybody I hunted with.  Time to reflect on a great season, and start planning 2016!  Good luck to those still hunting as well!!

zelmo1

:z-winnersmiley: That is a great season. Al Baker

jepcho

Thanks. It was a ton of fun. Wish it wasn't over already.

zelmo1

We have until June 6th in Maine and May 31st in NH

Drthorn

sounds like a season to remember. congrats

tjohn07

I have till Saturday and then I am done. I will only be able to hunt Friday. My expectations are low for an upgrade. I went out this last weekend and not one gobble. First time all season I didn't hear anything.

zelmo1

Head up tjohn. I had many opportunities this past weekend. I will keep trying to upgrade, so can you. Good luck bro

jepcho

Zelmo, I am jealous. I can't imagine being able to hunt through May and into June, but I would love it. Good luck. And good luck tjohn, keep at them till tagged out or season ends, whichever comes first.

Thunderbolt

Sounds like you had a great season and some memories.....can't ask for anymore then  that....Congrats on a great season bud!Rusty