Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Called a gobbler in today.

Started by Deputy 14, April 06, 2015, 09:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deputy 14

About 1 this afternoon I had my daughter outside letting her play in the yard and decided to use the nice weather for a chance to get in some much needed practice with some calls. I played with a slate for a few minutes on the sidewalk, at this point my wife is now outside complaining about the unnecessary noise, when I hear a gobble, which I thought was in my head. A few minutes later I hear another gobble, this time a lot closer on the mountain across the road from my house. Of course I live in a rural area, but I live in a busy community with several houses and a busy roadway. I continued to call because it felt good to hear a bird and the next thing I know the bird is in the yard across the road from house strutting. The real kicker, season is 3 weeks away.

Hayudog

Fun all the same. It's all about tricking them. Shooting them should be the easy part....should be.

RutnNStrutn

So you're setting up in the neighbor's yard on opening day? ;) ;D :TooFunny:
Sounds like a great experience!! :icon_thumright:

Deputy 14

It was fun for sure, kind of shocking.

Yea I usually do start in my neighbors yard. First place I blow an owl hoot every morning. Killed several like that.  Haha

Twowithone

That gobbler you called in will be waiting for you in 3 weeks just remember the call sequence you hit him with and hell be thinking theres my girl and you say smile for the camera. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Deputy 14

I hope. I'll be in his bedroom on the 27th.

Twowithone

Cant wait 24 and a wake up here. Cant get here fast enough. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

RutnNStrutn

Good luck brothers!!! :icon_thumright: :policeman: :firefighter: We need some more team scores!! :o
:fud: :gobble: