Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

My MN. Bird

Started by paintbrush, May 08, 2024, 08:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paintbrush

Hey guys, I have a bird to post up for us. Took him on the first morning of my MN. hunt. The birds starting gobbling around 5:20 up in the roost and there was 8-10 in hearing distance going off. First birds to show up on the field I was set up on was a bunch of 8 jakes followed up by 2 hens. About 10 minutes later another 8 jakes showed up along with 2 gobblers, but the gobblers only stayed in the field foe a couple minutes before exiting back into the woods. Another 3 hens showed up in the next couple of minutes. For the next 1 1/2 hours I had those jakes on and off into the dekes. Around 8:15 or so 3 longbeards came onto the field across from me and they had the right temperment! They marched right across to me from about 300 yards away. The last 100 or so all 3 in full strut. I had a heck of a time getting them out of strut to offer a shot. When I fnally did, I layed the smack down one. Could have layed out the other as well as they on ran off 20 yards or so before they turned around and came back stutting back in. Shortly after I took my bird, another 5 longbeards entered the field! Couldn't get out of my set up until after 11:30 so as not to spook the remaining birds off the field.
My bird will score 62.5  I'll get him posted up shortly.

callaway71

Congrats! That puts us one bird closer.

Roost 1

Congrats man that sounds like a great hunt.
I've not been to MN yet, sounds like I've found my connection..

FullChoke

Fantastic! Minnesota is in the house and getting it done!

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3seasons

Congrats on a nice bird. Sounds like a great morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afhunter1

Awesome hunt. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cannonball

Congrats on a successful hunt!

BBR12

Awesome sounding hunt. You definitely on the birds. Congratulations