Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

General Discussion

Started by nickhrp, January 19, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickhrp

Hey Sam I'm in a group on facebook they really blowing your calls up on there quite a few guys use them and of course I had to throw a opinion in on the bacon and hillbilly
God Bless the Outdoors

nickhrp

Quitman I drive through there a lot going to work and I have a good friend that lives in Grayson LA
God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

Browning Belgium A5 12 gauge 29 inch full choke
Mossberg 835, 24 in barrel in Original Realtree, Tru Glo SSX, and Tru Glo Magnum Gobble Dot
Remington 870, 12 gauge 3.5 Supermag, 23 inch barrel in Advantage Timber, .660 Jellyhead Max
Rem 1187, 12 ga 3in, 25 in barrel, in Original Bottomland, Jellyhead .665, and TG Mag Gobble Dot
Rem 870, 12 ga, 3in, 20 in barrel w/rifle sights, Original Bottomland, .665 Sumtoy

ericjames

:funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :funnyturkey: :drool: :drool: :drool: Thats plum sexy right there!

Gooserbat

Quote from: nickhrp on February 23, 2015, 11:16:13 PM
Hey Sam I'm in a group on facebook they really blowing your calls up on there quite a few guys use them and of course I had to throw a opinion in on the bacon and hillbilly

What group?
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

nickhrp

U-Slide bow holder staff page
God Bless the Outdoors

ericjames

Who all on the team uses Facebook? I know I have a few of you but I was curious as to who else. Feel free to add me or post yours on here.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.james.3114

nickhrp

God Bless the Outdoors

turkey buster

I'm on it but don't know how to post my profile on here

turkey buster

20 gauge time!! I've done some studying and want on the bandwagon. Im gonna go with a Remington 870. Yall think I should do a 21 or 26 inch barrel?

Gooserbat

Quote from: turkey buster on March 05, 2015, 06:16:04 PM
20 gauge time!! I've done some studying and want on the bandwagon. Im gonna go with a Remington 870. Yall think I should do a 21 or 26 inch barrel?

I've been looking too.  Same gun with Fed HW #7 and either a Simtoy 562-5 or a Trulock Fed #7 choke.  I'm leaning to the 21" pipe. 
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

turkey buster

I've been looking all evening and I'd like to add a muller red dot to one but my options would be to buy a saddle type mount or have it drilled and tapped to accept a base. What sounds best to you?

Gooserbat

Drill, with out a doubt. Adding a saddle only adds extra weight and an extra link that can fail.
NWTF Booth 1623

ericjames

I really like the 21" youth 20ga. 870 of mine. It's gonna be hard to use it, I just have confidence with my 835. With the federal HW 7's I got 130 in a 10" @ 40. That was around 50 degrees so it should get a little better with another 10-15 degrees. All I have is a tightwad choke that I got from a friend. I guess that's plenty. I'll try to find the pic. I really like the light weight though.

turkey buster

I'm gonna get me a quote on the cost to have it drilled and tapped. I was leaning that way. If it's not too expensive then I'm pulling the trigger and building one. I know it sounds crazy to base my purchasing a gun on one small detail like that but I'm not paying a crazy fee for it.

Fed Heavyweight 7's will probably be the shell of choice and I for some strange unknown reason have a Primos Tightwad here at the house for a Rem 20.