OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Yingling Cast Copper

Started by beardhunter87, May 20, 2017, 05:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beardhunter87

I need some help guys. Recently for my first Cast Cactus Copper pot. Very very different. I don't know if it's my striker or what(tried multiple) but seems like it's only somewhat 2 tone Yelp is in the center and it's an ok sound but idk, I definitely know how to run a pot call pride myself in competitions and practicing all the time and very very familiar with any glass,slate, or ceramic but can anyone help me out to get the best sound out of my pot? I hear everyone say its ALL turkey so maybe somone can help, Thanks guys

sbbow

I know Mike runs this call with a fiber on the outside of that helps any. Have you tried to contact Mike on here. He might have some advise but don't know. I cannt say 1thing bad about his calls as they are all turkey jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beardhunter87

Yea I tried a couple times to get a carbon striker and emailed him. Some members sent me some and 1 free! Some awesome guys on here. Yea I think highly of him and all his calls are amazing. Just copper I'm trying to understand as I hear slot of people love it. Thanks man

beardhunter87

https://soundcloud.com/cwells87/yingling-copper
--wow, what a difference a good carbon striker does for this call? Excuse the wild child in the back :p starting to love this call from eorlando

hunter22

Sounds real good. I have several cast copper calls from Mike and they are proven turkey killers.

beardhunter87

Thanks buddy. Love the sound

Chris O

That sounds really good its amazing how much a striker can change things

Dr Juice

I encourage you to apply more pressure on any of your strikers and you will find an improved sound that may be looking for. Just my $0.02 since it works for me. Good luck with it.

beardhunter87

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it and i definitely will try that. For some reason at times for me on copper, when pushing a little harder, may result in a screech or high pitch sound. How do you prep your copper surfaces?!? Any tips for copper?

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

beardhunter87

Thanks Mike! Exactly what I needed and who better for it to come from. Thanks again for a great call and tips

Forked lighting

Where you get your cabon strikers from

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk