turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My 2015 NWTF national call competition calls...pic heavy

Started by Mac Dietrich, February 09, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac Dietrich

Litterly just finished up the last of fine details on all 12 of my calls entered. Decided to scale down a bit from the 30+ I enterd last yr as it liked to killed me trying to get them done. Anyway here goes...

Cocobolo with cross cut end caps and SS inlays

Big leaf maple burl stabilized sleeved abw insert

Violet

Ode to Kentucky bourbon trail right down the rd. Bourbon over glass

Matched set hedge root with duck, goose, whistle & wood duck and custom 3 color lanyard

Grunter cocobolo with SS inlays and hedge caps

Probely my favorite call I did honey horn with Antelope tb whistle for the antlered catogory working class

Working whistle class orange Pearl with SS inlay and white pearl cap and tb

And finally new catogory double sided pot call...this was the most difficult call I made simply because I'd never made 1. Came up with how I wanted to go about it and turned out pritty slick ceramic and slate

SCGobbler

The SC Gobbler

Some men are mere hunters; others are turkey hunters.
                    —Archibald Rutledge

mastevt

They all look like winners to me bud!  Good Luck with them!

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

merocustomcalls

Your double sided pot call is a nice design.  I think most people entering this category are simply going to make a very large single hole on the bottom of the pot and play the bottom of the soundboard.  It's nice to see such a unique call is this category.

Mac Dietrich

Quote from: merocustomcalls on February 10, 2015, 10:52:46 AM
Your double sided pot call is a nice design.  I think most people entering this category are simply going to make a very large single hole on the bottom of the pot and play the bottom of the soundboard.  It's nice to see such a unique call is this category.

Thank you sir...I had never sat down and made a double sided pot call and to be honest didn't really have a exact way to do it. This call doesn't have sound boards like a typical pot call would. I purposely left them out because I didn't want them to limit my design. I did intergrate a unique design feature and it's the first 1 I've ever done so hopefully the judges like how it sounds....I sure do!!!!

pappy

Very clean work! and I am sure that is the key to a successful trip to the Nationals! Those acrylic calls (especially the purple) are top notch quality work, not to take anything away from your wooden calls! The pot call is an eye candy love those side ports, you should raise a few eye brows in Nashville good luck! Pappy
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

mgm1955