turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Kinda clueless!!

Started by Houndstooth Game Calls, March 01, 2013, 04:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Houndstooth Game Calls

What's the best way to glue a turkey feather to the sound board I prefer not to screw the call up lol how bout some tried suggestions. I tried super glue feather soaked it up scared to try goop fear of killing the sound? Thoughts please?

WillowRidgeCalls

I've used super glue (gel type) and also Fletch-Tite for fletching arrows, just put a little on the tip of the quill, about a 1/4" up the quill holds it just fine. I like the fletch-tite better and with only a small amount of glue on it, it won't effect the sound too bad.
Wisconsin Turkey and Turkey Hunting Pro-Staff
Scott

VanHelden Game Calls

:agreed:

Fletch-works well, drys fast, durable and sticks to a lot of surfaces, and I have a few tubes always lying around :)

shark

let the glue on the quill of the feather dry good, the first one I didn't and the next day there was a spot on the glass, the chemicals in the glue had softened the glass calling surface, now I allow extra time. Rob

TRKYHTR

Quote from: shark on March 01, 2013, 08:19:07 PM
let the glue on the quill of the feather dry good, the first one I didn't and the next day there was a spot on the glass, the chemicals in the glue had softened the glass calling surface, now I allow extra time. Rob
I've done that as well. I also use fletch tight. Let it dry real good before you put the glass on.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Houndstooth Game Calls

Thanks guys it worked out with the super glue shoulda known to get away from the feather part.

lightsoutcalls

I use goop.  I put a tiny dot of goop on the back of the feather quill about 1/8"-1/4"up from the tip.  I then put a small piece of wood (cut from the end of a striker, etc.) about the middle of the feather to weigh it down and let the glue dry a bit.  After about an hour, you can remove the piece of wood, or whatever you use for weight, and the feather will stay in place.  You won't have issues with the chemical haze that some glues make on the bottom side of your glass using goop.  As little glue as it takes, it does nothing to dampen the sound of the call. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Houndstooth Game Calls

I wondered about that Wendell I will try that on the next one thanks to all of you!!