turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

looking good !

Started by Old Gobbler, July 02, 2012, 03:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

Just showing off a massive block of Gabon Ebony I scored -I have had my hands on some select grade before , this stuff is the best money can buy

-It was a gamble , and it wasn't cheap but at least I wont have any anxiety over the issue for quite some time - the density is at about 60lbs -/+ per pound - the tree that this came from must have been a old one too --

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

cleanslate

TRKYHTR

I am trying to figure out how many of those rods you can get out of that piece of wood. I quit counting. Nice ebony.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Longbeardfever4ever

WOW. Bet that cost ya. I'm paying 75 a board foot right now for 4/4..
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24

DeWayne Knight

That's an impressive hunk of exotic lumber!  I bet it set you back a few bucks...

pappy

Shannon isn't telling you all the story, he is gonna carve himself a totem pole of turkeys on this piece......I am jealous.....
my new email is paw.paw.jack@sbcglobal.net
tel...573-380-8206

Old Gobbler

75 a BF is cheap these days , ever since the Gibson raid , I have noticed that Gabon Ebony is shooting up in price  real fast -- I would say its double what it was a year ago, sometimes triple - the bigger pieces are scarce - your lucky to find anything larger that 1 3/8 width anymore - I was thinking to myself I had better do something about this situation cause if I keep buying piece meal and paying shipping each time  , by the time this next season comes around , or the next I would have to raise the prices quite a bit to cover for materials 

These pieces were a  real pricey investment  , but this guy listed it with only 1 grainy bad picture  - it is worth 4-5 times what I paid for it easy , maybe more cause of the 60 inch length and the quality of the wood, that happens to be blacker than pitch coal , black , black , black - I was slack jawed when I saw it  ....that nobody could tell cause the pictures were not available

Its all cut down to smaller sizes now , coated in a heavy wax , clamped and drying out in a controlled humidity area - almost a shame it had to be cut down - its all going into push pin calls - I will use half of it , then sit on the rest as a reserve

I got tired of constantly searching for small lots of Ebony - I did the same with Mun and Black and White Ebony - Have enough to last a long time , after that ....who knows

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Longbeardfever4ever

Wow...guess I better be careful with my ebony too.
Hook's Custom Calls
Keep The Fever Custom Calls
Romans 3:24