OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Black Latex

Started by FJC, March 26, 2012, 08:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJC

Anyone have an idea where this black latex that several companies are useing is comming from, or is this some that top secrete turkey call building stuff?!

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

FJC

This stuff is jet black, the stuff I have from Pioneer is smokey black. 

Gooserbat

You have some of the older stuff.  If you order some new it will be jet black.  I think the only difference is the powder on the latex, but I could be wrong.  It still sounds and plays the same or as close as latex dose from one batch to another.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRKYHTR

Quote from: Gooserbat on March 26, 2012, 11:37:53 AM
You have some of the older stuff.  If you order some new it will be jet black.  I think the only difference is the powder on the latex, but I could be wrong.  It still sounds and plays the same or as close as latex dose from one batch to another.

I agree with Gooserbat. Make sure you don't buy the grey .004 thinking it's the black. The black is in the same category as the green .003.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Spurcollecta

So the new black .003 is jet black instead of the not really black "smokey black" from last year?

Gooserbat

Quote from: Spurcollecta on March 26, 2012, 07:34:06 PM
So the new black .003 is jet black instead of the not really black "smokey black" from last year?

yep
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Spurcollecta