OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Twisted Sister v. Mad Hen (Gen 1)

Started by Footballer, March 18, 2015, 09:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I'm looking for a raspy crystal to compliment my Crystal Mistress. Opinions on each of these calls and advice on which one I should go with? I'm sure I can't go wrong with either as these are both elite calls.

mgm1955

You're right. Won't go wrong with either one.

ThunderChickenGetter

Never heard the mad hen but I love my twisted sister!

Tennessee Lead

My twisted sister is Raspy!

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

perrytrails

TS is super Raspy

Original  Mad Hen has a sonic rasp. Best I can explain it.

If I had to pick one, Mad Hen mainly because it's different from any raspy call out there.

I like rasp but prefer just a touch less than these two have.

For Crystal I'm into the Metal Mouth this year. Great over all tone and rasp.

TauntoHawk

I have both, and at least mine have a good bit different sound to them. I will say that my gen 1 is a bit less raspy than most of the others out of the gen one batch I picked it out of several he played for me and its a killer pot.

To best put the sounds of my two. The TS has that real high front  that a lot of Hallorans have and really breaks with a crack into rasp with a hard bite.

My mad hen is more of a medium high front and with a deeper toned  rasp on the finish. You could describe it as a more mature hen sound

They both tone down well and get loud although I might have to give overal volume to the TS. I pulled the mad hen out of the vest a lot more last year.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

goblr77

Big Guy

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 19, 2015, 09:18:01 AM
I have both, and at least mine have a good bit different sound to them. I will say that my gen 1 is a bit less raspy than most of the others out of the gen one batch I picked it out of several he played for me and its a killer pot.

To best put the sounds of my two. The TS has that real high front  that a lot of Hallorans have and really breaks with a crack into rasp with a hard bite.

My mad hen is more of a medium high front and with a deeper toned  rasp on the finish. You could describe it as a more mature hen sound

They both tone down well and get loud although I might have to give overal volume to the TS. I pulled the mad hen out of the vest a lot more last year.

Thanks for this!  I have a Twisted Sister which I love, and was thinking about a Mad Hen but wasn't sure if there was enough of a difference in sound to justify getting the Mad Hen.  You make it sound like there is a difference so I think a Mad Hen is in my future. 

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Big Guy on March 19, 2015, 12:52:08 PM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 19, 2015, 09:18:01 AM

Thanks for this!  I have a Twisted Sister which I love, and was thinking about a Mad Hen but wasn't sure if there was enough of a difference in sound to justify getting the Mad Hen.  You make it sound like there is a difference so I think a Mad Hen is in my future.

Be careful big guy, whenever I call jimmy I always end up getting at least two calls.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Footballer

Thank you guys for the help! Clearly I'm just ganna have to get both...

wcerin

Good choice I have both and LOVE them.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."