only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My new Cox trumpet +1

Started by savduck, February 28, 2013, 08:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barry

Dammit man!
You picked up 2 beauties there.
Hah, I see you've been practicing that gobble!

turkey-slayer

Looks like you got yourself a couple of nice trumpets Del. I know Frank makes a good turkey tooter but don't know much about the other one but it sure looks fine to me. Congrats!

Jacobson

Congrats Del, you got yourself a couple nice ones.

savduck

I have made another post in tis forum with Johns info after all the PMs.
Georgia Boy

nitro

Awesome!!

I have a "few" of Frank's trumpets and they are wonderful of course. Met John at the NWTF in Orangeburg too... He will be getting an order from me...

Del, seek help with your addiction........... ;D You have a bad case... :toothy9:
Royal Slam 2008

painterjp

Nice Trumpets! I alway's carry a Cox Trumpet.

turkey-slayer

Those both are very nice trumpets Del. Thanks for posting John Dangerfield's phone number. I talked to  him several days ago and he has started to make me a Cherry Burl trumpet. He says it should be ready in about 2 weeks. He sure can do some great turkey Purrs and gobbles on that horn too.

savduck

Your welcome. It's something else with those purrs.

You will enjoy that trumpet. Very easy draw on it.
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

I know Frank has a reputation for "speaking his mind"  or " calling it the way it is "  it tends to cause trouble sometimes , I reluctantly admit  it is sometimes entertaining , but back to the subject -a  long time ago , in a galaxy far far away I talked to Frank on the phone , I knew he had a reputation for making a excellent trumpet , I wanted to see how good of a caller he was ....

I will say this , no BS honest assessment .... over the years I have had many a turkey hunter and  call maker run a trumpet for me - out all the people I have ever heard, seen , in person ,on line , youtube , phone, etc.... and some were some very, very good callers   , Frank Cox was clearly the best caller I have ever heard , ever on a trumpet - he is very good , kee-kees , yelps etc... the best trumpet caller I have ever heard , period . --Shannon
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

savduck

Yeah he is pretty good.

I actually talked with him quite a bit during the building of my trumpet. I have had some pretty entertaining conversations with him. I like the guy, he has been nothing it good to me.
Georgia Boy

Jacobson

I will say this , no BS honest assessment .... over the years I have had many a turkey hunter and  call maker run a trumpet for me - out all the people I have ever heard, seen , in person ,on line , youtube , phone, etc.... and some were some very, very good callers   , Frank Cox was clearly the best caller I have ever heard , ever on a trumpet - he is very good , kee-kees , yelps etc... the best trumpet caller I have ever heard , period . --Shannon
[/quote]Shannon, I agree with you totally. The man can flat out talk turkey on that trupet. I have played his video so many times as to get the right tone and cadance of his kee-kees,yelps etc. It flat out rocks.