turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Austy Bott Trumpets

Started by The Woodsman, May 15, 2022, 05:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocHolliday

I agree Tony! Hope my friend can find his way back to it. He's a great talent and a better man.

Zobo

I contacted him some time back about getting a trumpet made and he took the time to write back to me a thoughtful explanation about why he's taking a break from building them. I thought that was very good of him to respond to me that way. I do certainly hope he gets back to it.
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

turkey stew

Austy is an awesome trumpet turner! He just needed to take a break.

boatpaddle

A few of my collection from Austy..

A fine man & a great callmaker..

I'm honored to call him my "Friend."

Figured walnut
Eucalyptus burl
Blue Mahoe

Sent from my SM-A516U using Tapatalk
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

tal

Thanks for showing'em boatpaddle. Gorgeous calls

Greg Massey

Absolutely beautiful instruments... The craftsmanship is excellent ...thanks for sharing guys...

The Woodsman

Great calls everyone.... Thanks for posting

EZ

"Coke Bottle" style and "traditional"

EZ

EZ

The Woodsman

Hopefully this is right....

Austy

As pretty as that Buckeye Burl call is, if I never have to make another one from that stuff I will be perfectly happy, that was a true pain in the butt to make, as evidenced by the photo of that call with the additional midsection, (the darker 1) is actually a piece of beechnut burl wood..

Yes gentleman I have been keeping a low profile, just too much going on in life right now that I can't get the mindset to get back into the shop.  As EZ said I have not made any calls since April of last year right before our season started.  I know some of you guys got on my list before I actually stopped taking any orders, I ask that you please be patient with me and when I get back into the right frame of mind I will pick up on that list where I left off.

Austy

Old Timer53

It's  Great hearing  from you today.  I talked to  Lee and he said you was taking time off   !!!!

Hope things get back to normal for you.  Take Care
My Friend

DocHolliday

Turkeyman

I have four suction calls: Heglar trumpet, Austy Bott adjustable trumpet, EZ wingbone and EZ cane call. I've been reluctant to use any of them because I don't know as I "sound right". Well...this past Wednesday (the 18th) I decided I was definitely going to use the Austy Bott if I had the opportunity. I was set up perfectly on a tom that started gobbling at 5:15...about 100 yards away. I let him gobble for awhile until I figured it was time for the hen (me) to let him know I was here. I ran some very quiet tree yelps at him. He went absolutely bananas. Gobbled non-stop for 20 minutes. Flew down and came in to about 60 yards (unseen). Then I did something I shouldn't have...yelped softly with my mouth call. He left...gobbling like a fool several times a minute until out of earshot. Next time I'll stick to the suction calls. Whether my Austy or Tony's excellent calls.