turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Made it to Missouri

Started by Spitten and drummen, May 01, 2019, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Had a less than good season in my home state of MS this year. Hunted hard and only worked 2 birds and killed one of them. Piled up in my truck  last night and drove up here trying to get my fix to hold me over until next year. Never have really went on a out of state hunt. Spur of the moment got on the phone and started calling outfitters. Found one, put in for 3 vacation days and took off. I usually plan well in advance on things but not on this. Arrived and its raining and really cool. Weather suppose to break so I start in the AM. Wish me luck guys.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

RutnNStrutn

Good luck man!! Make the best of it!! :icon_thumright:

Prohunter3509

Good luck sp. & dr.
Yeah ms sucked for me this yearvalso
My home

Yoteduster

Good luck Missouri has always been a good state for me

Fullfan

Had a good year in SE/Mo, lots and lots of hunters. Managed to fill both tags though.
Don't gobble at me...

bbcoach

Out of State hunts are GREAT!  They help extend the season and gives you added incentive to get after ole 3 toes.  Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself to kill.  Enjoy the experience, new friends you meet and the NEW scenery.  Missouri's weather will be different from Mississippi, probably not as much greenery yet and as you said cooler.  Have a GREAT time, Get After Them hard and Good things will happen.  Good Luck and May God Bless you with a GREAT time.  And maybe a bird or two!  Bottom Line have FUN!!!!!

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

cwb04

Good luck!  Hope you get your fix.  I'll be leaving headed to NE in about 10 days to get my mid May fix.

Muzzy61

Good luck, I've always wanted to give Missouri a try.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Paulmyr

Been in no Missouri for a couple days now. Didn't get out yesterday because of rain. Been playing with a smart ole Tom when I can get out. Had to leave him each time because of the 1 pm closing. Dang it hate to leave a fired up bird
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

5arraquiver

Good luck and be safe out there!
Keep us posted brother
Questions? Answer: Jesus

Turkeytider

Quote from: Muzzy61 on May 01, 2019, 03:24:17 PM
Good luck, I've always wanted to give Missouri a try.

Mid-70`s, stationed at Ft. Leonard Wood. The place was crawling with turkeys, first time I ever hunted them, so I didn`t do so well but learned to love the birds and the woods. So many quail that they almost qualified as pests ( did do well with them ! ) !

jamo

gobblers roost

Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DUCKDIGGLER

Give'em Hell! Best of luck!  :OGturkeyhead: