First Osceola Of The Season Down This Morning

Started by Stoner, March 18, 2014, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagler

Never Misses

merocustomcalls

Big Timber

Pressured Gobbler

If I smoked a gobbler with 1.5" daggers... There'd be some pics of those bad boys ;)

alloutdoors

Great bird and nice photos, congrats! Brian's trumpets are deadly.

DirtNap647

slamman

nice bird.  Good news about Brian's trumpet call I just purchased one for myself.  How did he react to the call?  You said he put on the brakes when he spotted your decoy's was that because he didn't like them or was he interested in them.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

ads1

Terry E. Kiser from Southeastern Illinois

bosstom3

AWESOME

Hey Stoner, thats the same gun I have, the SX3 Extreme Turkey cantilever. AWESOME Gun too....lol    If you don't mind me asking, what choke tube and constriction are u using and which shells?

As soon as it warms up here in PA i'm gonna try the Hevi-Shot choke at .664 and a Stardot at .668 with the longbeard XR 3.5" 5 shot and Mag Blends.

Last year I used a .670 truglo with mag blends that didnt pattern that bad, I think like 190 in the 10" at 40 yards.
I'm really wondering with lead if the Truglo strut stopper xtreme choke at .643 would shoot through our back bored barrels too.

tomstopper

shark

Stoner

Quote from: slamman on March 18, 2014, 06:51:58 PM
nice bird.  Good news about Brian's trumpet call I just purchased one for myself.  How did he react to the call?  You said he put on the brakes when he spotted your decoy's was that because he didn't like them or was he interested in them.

When it stopped running when it saw the decoys it started to posture like he had an attitude. I had the Dave Smith Jake Decoy set up behind one of DSD hen decoys like it was going to mount the decoy. Love those DSD decoys, not cheap but they work well and worth the investment.

Stoner

Quote from: bosstom3 on March 18, 2014, 08:20:02 PM
AWESOME

Hey Stoner, thats the same gun I have, the SX3 Extreme Turkey cantilever. AWESOME Gun too....lol    If you don't mind me asking, what choke tube and constriction are u using and which shells?

As soon as it warms up here in PA i'm gonna try the Hevi-Shot choke at .664 and a Stardot at .668 with the longbeard XR 3.5" 5 shot and Mag Blends.

Last year I used a .670 truglo with mag blends that didnt pattern that bad, I think like 190 in the 10" at 40 yards.
I'm really wondering with lead if the Truglo strut stopper xtreme choke at .643 would shoot through our back bored barrels too.

Boss Tom I was using Remington Nitros in #4 shot; I really like the Remington Premium turkey rounds in #5's. Most of my shots in Florida are relatively close, under 30 feet. In Florida I use the factory choke tube that came with the gun.  When I hunt Tennessee I will use the Hevi-Shot Blend with a Indian Creek choke.

Rio Fan