OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Having a great opening week !!!

Started by gatrkyhntr70, March 29, 2012, 05:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrkyhntr70

Opening morning started out very exciting but quickly wound up very humbling after my son and I missed 2 longbeards at about 12 yds over our right shoulder, we watched them come in but the woods were to open to attempt moving before they got to us.
We chased birds here on the farm all weekend, Monday we hit some public ground for a change in scenery. We werent out of the truck for more than 30 min. when this gobbler came in to our left behind my son who was setup in front for the shot.
An added thing that was special is it was my grandmothers birthday that we recently lost to cancer before the fall holidays. Cant help but think she had something to do with it.
23lbs.  11" beard  1 3/8" spurs

This morning was great; first birds I set up on were jakes with full roll gobbles that came right in gobbling like fools! Then I found another bird mid morning that had a hen with him, of course she came in first with him dragging behind in full strut, she passed on and he was hanging in some thick stuff strutting and gobbling occasionally, she eased away and I stopped calling he dropped strut and came on, he stepped in between two trees I had picked out, a few cutts he double gobbles and Booom!
24lbs  10" beard 1 1/8" spurs
Both of these gobblers love these diaphrams a buddy of mine is working on!

Thank you lord for allowing me to spend another day in the turkey woods!!
Time to break the ice for my son!!
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

JVA54

hookedspur

Outstanding job congrats all around  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

runngun

Blessed are the peacemakers for they are the children of God.

Reloader

Great toms. Congrats!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Hognutz

Congrats to both of you.. Very nice birds. That one sure has a set of daggers!! Nice pictures, as well..Well done, boys..
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.