North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

old fashion Mississippi squirrel hunt with a dog and some young at heart folks

Started by Preacher, February 28, 2012, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Preacher

Mr. Bill age 96 and my dad ,  around 70 and Mr. Julian age 70   

Bill the dog is treed,  he is a yellow mountain Cur, 10 months old , named after Mr. Bill,  who taught Mr. Julian to turkey hunt about 50 years ago.

A fine hardwood bottom ,  A Church I can really get close to the Good Lord in.

I thought at one time I was too busy to make this hunt ,  but I am sure glad I did,  You never know how many more morings you got to spend with family and friends in the outdoors.
Romans 8:37

TRKYHTR

That is awesome Robin. That black squirrel is bad bad bad. Thats a great hunt. Did you kill the squirrel that was treed when we were on the phone?

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

cannonball

pdqt

Treeing at 10 months, bill should be awsome by the time he is 2.  Looking good.
:icon_thumright:

jde

Very true good stuff there my friend. Coach still looks like he could run up and down the sideline.

redarrow

Looks like a grand time for sure.I didn't know you folks had the black phase down there.

MouthCaller

Hey preacher what part of MS are you from? I knew a guy who was a preacher and had close to the same name as you did on another forum... Also what part of MS were those squirrel kills in? Ive squirrel hunted in MS for years as a youngster and Ive never seen a fox or black squirrel until I moved to Tennessee...

Preacher

Joe , Yes we did!!

Big JDE,  He still can Chew your butt out!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments,  And MouthCaller ,  I live in Copiah county ,  those squirrels were taken in the delta.   Not real common though.   I have been going by the Handle Preacher for a while,  on other boards and "Risher " on the NWTF site.
Romans 8:37

flintlock

If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

handcannon

Looks like you men had a fine time. I know they appreciated getting out and having a little fun. I sure hope I'm able to get out and do things like that if I make it to that age. Congrats!

MouthCaller

Quote from: Preacher on February 28, 2012, 11:23:34 PM
Joe , Yes we did!!

Big JDE,  He still can Chew your butt out!!!

Thanks to everyone for all the comments,  And MouthCaller ,  I live in Copiah county ,  those squirrels were taken in the delta.   Not real common though.   I have been going by the Handle Preacher for a while,  on other boards and "Risher " on the NWTF site.
I gotcha, yeah the other guy was from Itawamba co in Fulton and Im from Prentiss on the NE side the delta part must explain why I havent seen any, the only time Ive been in the delta was for HS football games in the playoffs...

jyoung

Boy-boy, that sure brings back memories of squirrel hunting with my paw-paw.  I have not been on a good squirrel hunt in years.  That was some great times.  I know you are cherishing these moments.  :icon_thumright:

Jonathan
Jonathan Young