turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bottomland Camo

Started by Dedduc, April 01, 2021, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dedduc

So who is making the best camo clothes in Mossy Oak Bottomland?  Ole Tom? Nomad? Mossy Oak store?

Greg Massey

For the money Academy Sports has some pretty good bottomland in the Magellan brand.

Dtrkyman

Paramount clothing has some nice stuff.

Jrkimbrough

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 01, 2021, 09:13:21 PM
For the money Academy Sports has some pretty good bottomland in the Magellan brand.
Agreed!

I mainly use Magellan and mossy oak brand. Fairly inexpensive and pretty cool in warm weather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rakkin6

Quote from: Greg Massey on April 01, 2021, 09:13:21 PM
I like their Magellan gear also. Pretty much all the camo k wear anymore. Have been using it for about 5 years now and haven't had to replace anything because it was defective. And I can get like 3 pairs of mossy oak pants or mossy oak wick away shirts for the price of 1 of some of the other brands.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

RiverRoost

Got a pair of nomad stretch lite pants that are awesome! Pretty durable so far through two seasons, lightweight, fit great, and plenty of pockets without all the bagginess

2eagles

I know bottomland is the hottest thing in camo right now. Guns, blinds, pants, coats, masks, backpacks and underwear have to be bottomland. And never mix camo patterns. I don't know why. I think any natural color works fine if I just sit still.

the Ward

Quote from: 2eagles on April 02, 2021, 07:21:16 AM
I know bottomland is the hottest thing in camo right now. Guns, blinds, pants, coats, masks, backpacks and underwear have to be bottomland. And never mix camo patterns. I don't know why. I think any natural color works fine if I just sit still.
I think it is that most of us hunters are getting older, and have money we didn't have in our youth to purchase the stuff we wanted. Now we have a little more disposable income, we want the stuff we missed out on. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. Plus those old patterns really were/are effective. That's my best guess anyways!

outdoorsmen

Definitely nostalgia.  Even though high school was only 25 years ago old bottomland kinda takes me back and remember when.  But back then my arch enemy in high school wore mossy oak. So naturally I had to therefore wear realtree. Well now I kinda despite realtree and totally support mossy oak.

btomlin

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 02, 2021, 04:37:35 PM
Definitely nostalgia.  Even though high school was only 25 years ago old bottomland kinda takes me back and remember when.  But back then my arch enemy in high school wore mossy oak. So naturally I had to therefore wear realtree. Well now I kinda despite realtree and totally support mossy oak.

I agree it is nostalgia.  I was a H.S. Realtree guy myself.  I still wear a 20 something year old Advantage Timber jacket.  I normally look like a hodge podge with my MO OB pants, MO BU hat, and Adv Timber Jacket.  However, this year I will be hiding in a new MO leafy jacket.  It's almost not even gonna be fair.....almost.  :)

If 25yrs from now, the new digital camo is "back and all the rage", I'm gonna vomit!  LOL

Sixes

IMO, Ol Tom makes the highest quality stuff. MO store has some good stuff, but sizing can be difficult.

As far as nostalgia, there might be a little bit, but Bottomland blends well against about any tree. I wear bottomland on top but normally wear whatever Trek Lite (best material ever from Mossy Oak) pants are clean. I have them in several patterns except bottomland.

I wish MO would make a special run in Trek Lite pants in bottomland, Green leaf and Obsession.

I also wish Ol Tom would make a special run of their overalls, best ones that I have ever found but they quit making them 6-7 years ago. I bought a bunch of them in odd pattens (Brush is actually a good one) for 14 dollars a pair

Crghss

Love Nomad but only when it's on sale
Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

aclawrence

Definitely not the Mossy Oak store lol. I just got a pair of Nomad Stretch Lite pants and I really like them so far. They are the closest thing I've found to other pants I like to wear like Kuhl Renegades. I don't care for the built in knee pads and some of the other features on some of the Ol Tom pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PALongspur

Another vote for the Nomad Stretch Lite pants. The material is unbelievably tough for a performance style fabric!

lowoctane

Quote from: 2eagles on April 02, 2021, 07:21:16 AM

AMEN! Absolute Truth!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life