only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Most expensive turkey vest ever?

Started by Dazzler, May 27, 2019, 10:33:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bay1985

Quote from: Marc on May 29, 2019, 12:37:08 AM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on May 27, 2019, 11:38:54 AM
That was a good inVESTment...Wear it until it's about worn out and then sell it for probably over 8x more than was paid for it...
Each to own..
Hard to believe since the Limbhanger no one has come out with something similiar..Wish I knew how to sew. Lol..
Quote from: LaLongbeard on May 27, 2019, 12:29:56 PM
Someone will buy it. Some people are more interested in looking the part than being a turkey hunter lol.

The vest is a solid design, but it is not the design of the vest that makes it so appealing to current buyers, it is the history and heritage...  Like shooting a bird with that ol' Parker double...  There are certainly guns that are more technologically advanced, but there is something about going old school which is appealing.

Not sure how many are buying it for the heritage. Maybe not on this forum but ALOT of turkey hunters have no idea who Bob Dixon was or even know who Will Primos, Tom Kelly, or Ben Lee was. I did read a post on here were a guy was talking up the vest said now that Bob was dead the vest had more meaning, implying he was alive when it was made or sold. Ever notice Toxey Hauss, Primos, Cuzz Striklind non of them use the Dixon vest. They all personally knew the man and had a direct hand in the design and selling of the vest. It's surely not that they don't want to damage the only one they have, I'm sure they each have at least a couple or could have had all they wanted. Sometimes people just want the most expensive or hardest to get item they'll pay to get on a wait list for a call that in reality is no better and maybe not even as good as a call they could have bought right out. It's not been that long since the vest sold in stores some people act like it's a 1985 retro item lol 2007 hasn't been that long ago. I remember seeing them in sporting goods stores for 150$ trying one on and thinking who would pay that much for a stiff heavy vest? I think a big part of the whole thing was to give money to the charity thru selling a turkey vest not create the super end all vest. Paying 800$ or more dollars for a damaged vest like this is stupid. I don't care if Charles L Jordan hand sewed it himself by oil lamp. ( If you don't know who Charles L Jordan is you should be ashamed)

BMAC_Turkeys

I think some want it to look cool but thats not to say all those who own one wear it for that reason.  To say those who wear one cant turkey hunt is BS.  And Ive seen Cuz and both Haas boys wearing them on film. Of course many of those guys like primos etc get free stuff and have their own line of vests to pimp and sell so logically it wouldnt make sense to wear something that wasnt theirs publicly or that they get paid to wear.

I own one and absolutely love it, paid a higher price for it than when it was in stores but not the prices they are demanding now, hope to hunt in it forever. Ten times better than the super elite or ol tom vest I have.

Its a good design and thats why the nomad vest and now an ol tom vests are being made with a similar design.

Bay1985

Quote from: BMAC_Turkeys on May 29, 2019, 01:37:14 PM
To say those who wear one cant turkey hunt is BS. 

Did someone say that or did you make that up inside your head? Lol

Sasha and Abby

There is a reason they are expensive...  they are flat out WORTH it...  arguably the best vest EVER made

Yoteduster

It didn't bring 800.00 we'll see if they relist it again

Ozarks Hillbilly

They may want to wait until March Madness and try again

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Shoregobbler

I sold a brand new with tags attached Dixon vest this past April for $1200.00 on Ebay. I have a Limbhanger, worn once, I might sell next Spring.

Yoteduster

It's relisted for 800.00 buy it now

Yoteduster

Click

maybe the Hunting Public will do a podcast about Bob Dixon Vests (I am being facetious).  I just dont understand the preoccupation with other people's wallets. 

Dazzler

Quote from: Click on June 14, 2019, 10:15:02 AM
maybe the Hunting Public will do a podcast about Bob Dixon Vests (I am being facetious).  I just dont understand the preoccupation with other people's wallets.

Understanding it is not as important as being aware of it. This seller on eBay is just one ridiculous example of the consumer world we live in. The ones preoccupied with wallets are the same ones peddling gotta have it goodies to you and your family every time you look at your favorite screen these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crenshawco

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283515707492

Heres another one on Ebay right now. Already well over 700. These things aren't going to get any cheaper as crazy as that sounds

ferocious calls

Ridiculous. The Toms' that are harvested have no idea if I even have a vest on. Often I don't. 

I have friends that think if they paid more for something it's worth it. Perceived value often overrules common sense.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ferocious calls on June 16, 2019, 08:32:37 AM
Ridiculous. The Toms' that are harvested have no idea if I even have a vest on. Often I don't. 

I have friends that think if they paid more for something it's worth it. Perceived value often overrules common sense.
You got that right.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Bay1985

Quote from: ferocious calls on June 16, 2019, 08:32:37 AM

Exactly