OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Strange request

Started by cwaggg, March 21, 2018, 11:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwaggg

I know there is probably not much interest, but if any of you have a larger than normal cranium like me and would like to have some Greenleaf or original bottomland caps that actually fit contact bigheadcaps.com and request them to have some caps made in those patterns. I contacted them and they said if they got enough requests they would make it happen.

Phone #: 888-244-4323
Email: Info@Bigheadcaps.com

Sir-diealot

I have had some problems with hats myself in the past, but I am more of an original Mossy Oak Breakup fan. You may want to look at http://www.bigcamo.com/ I used to be close to 500lbs. and I used to get stuff from them and they have large headgear as well.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

cwaggg

I have a breakup hat in a big size. Just like more options. I love the old school mossy oak patterns. I am familiar with bigcamo. I am 6'5" 330  and wear a 3xl tall or 4xl tall depending on the garment. I got my last set of 4x from bigcamo and its nice and baggy. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Sir-diealot

You're quite welcome. I am trying to sell my old ScentLok suit but not to many people around that want to buy something that big.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2018, 01:55:34 AM
You're quite welcome. I am trying to sell my old ScentLok suit but not to many people around that want to buy something that big.
Also hard to sell scent loc because everyone has found out it doesn't work.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Phillipshunt on March 22, 2018, 10:43:27 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 22, 2018, 01:55:34 AM
Also hard to sell scent loc because everyone has found out it doesn't work.

Well I have to take partial exception to that, it is not that it does not work at all, it just does not contain ALL odor which they first claimed. It does still help a lot more than not having it and following a proper personal body cleaning with scent free soaps and what have you aids in how well it can work.

Case in point, 2 years ago turkey hunting I would go into my blind in the morning and I was getting busted by a buck when just wearing my standard camo so I started to wear the ScentLok suit, I did not get busted even once wearing it so I figured I would go back to wearing standard camo, busted again in standard camo, I went back to the ScentLok suit and did not get busted. Mind you I started washing in scent free soap and shampoo and wearing scent free deodorant both while wearing the standard camo after being busted and the ScentLok camo and got busted every time in standard camo. I had these 3 guys come in on me and stay there quite a while and let me take pictures. And I was in the blind every time and came in the same way every time.

John Koenig:

stinkpickle

I'll keep that in mind.  All of my caps are hanging on by the end of the strap or the last two snaps.

jblackburn

Glad I'm not the only one with a giant melon head. I'm gonna check out the site! thanks!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

cwaggg

Yep. You are not alone. Take a minute and email them to request they have some made up in greenleaf and bottomland. The more requests the more likely it is to happen.

Gamblinman

I'm large also and buy a lot of camo from Big Camo. I like 4XL and 5XL in some things for shoulder comfort.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gamblinman on March 23, 2018, 04:36:39 PM
I'm large also and buy a lot of camo from Big Camo. I like 4XL and 5XL in some things for shoulder comfort.
That's the problem I still have, I was close to 500 lbs. and dropped to 228 and still had to buy everything large to fit my shoulders. Have had that problem since the 80's

John Koenig: