Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gooserbat Game Calls! We finally have our website up.

Started by Gooserbat, March 09, 2012, 05:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooserbat

Please stop by and check us out.
Please bare in mind we're still a work in progress.
http://www.gooserbatcalls.com/

Thanks Sam
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

jblackburn

You can also check out Gooserbat's facebook page for more information pictures!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

reflexl

okiegobblers

Already took my first glance at it. The website looks great. I really like the info given about each call. I'll be ordering the hillbilly soon.

K9Doc

Nice site and great call descriptions.  I really hope all works out for you.  Glad to see good ol USA hand made attention to detail.
Congratulations
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

jblackburn

Quote from: okiegobblers on March 10, 2012, 03:23:26 PM
Already took my first glance at it. The website looks great. I really like the info given about each call. I'll be ordering the hillbilly soon.

You won't be dissapointed!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

cannonball

Turkey Trot

Those are good descriptions of the cuts, etc.

One thing that jumps out at me is that so few mouthcall makers have their name or the model stamped on the call tape.  HS is one of the few that I see with the model name consistently on them, and I suppose that the green neon tape is supposed to indicate HS as the source.  I believe that Legacy has the maker name but not the model on its calls.   Turkey calls other tan diaphragms rarely leave a shop without identification on it.  The clamshell cases typically do not have the make or model either, but Woodhaven does use a different case with its name on it.

I don' know how much trouble marking calls and clamshells is, but it would be good so that users can identify them well after purchase and in the event that someone gives it to another and they want to track down the maker. 
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

Houndstooth Game Calls

Gooserbat

Quote from: Turkey Trot on March 12, 2012, 06:35:59 PM
Those are good descriptions of the cuts, etc.

One thing that jumps out at me is that so few mouthcall makers have their name or the model stamped on the call tape.  HS is one of the few that I see with the model name consistently on them, and I suppose that the green neon tape is supposed to indicate HS as the source.  I believe that Legacy has the maker name but not the model on its calls.   Turkey calls other tan diaphragms rarely leave a shop without identification on it.  The clamshell cases typically do not have the make or model either, but Woodhaven does use a different case with its name on it.

I don' know how much trouble marking calls and clamshells is, but it would be good so that users can identify them well after purchase and in the event that someone gives it to another and they want to track down the maker. 

I'll agree but that all adds up to more time and money that most consumers don't want to pay for.
NWTF Booth 1623

okiegobblers

lightsoutcalls

The real test of any call is to see if they will play louder than a dozen duck calls being blown under a big tent!
;D  (Inside story there)

I had the pleasure of meeting Sam a couple of years ago at a Christian Waterfowlers Association event.  We found out that turkey calls just can't "out-loud" a bunch of duck calls being blown full volume under a canopy. 

The website is coming along.  I like that you have a link to tell folks about making custom cut calls. 
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Gooserbat

Wendell that's right, all finesse gose out the window when competting with a duck call!

NWTF Booth 1623

Gooserbat

We are getting closer to being done.  If you've not looked at the site yet please stop in.

http://www.gooserbatcalls.com/
NWTF Booth 1623