OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Realtree Timber Vs New MossyOak Bottomland

Started by gdc23, April 13, 2020, 04:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyturkeyhunter4

I like my mossy oak bottomland but the realtree timber is the best looking pattern that realtree has made to me.

catman529

It's all preference... timber looks good but I've never worn it. I've always been a fan of new bottomland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bagg-it Tag-it

You used to see the Bill Jordon crew on the hunting shows all the time 10-15 years ago. Have they gotten tired of that part of the game (publicity...marketing?) I'd think Bill would want that business built up as much as possible for his son(s) coming along.

captfire

the turkey don't care witch one u wear...

jordanz7935

I like and hunt with both. I got some ol tom shirt and pants in RT timber last year and really like it. I think from a distance the timber blends better than bottomland. But I wouldn't hesitate to wear either. That said it's hard to beat a leafy suit in any pattern to really blend in with the woods. I'm looking @ some marathon seat covers for my truck and really liking the looks of them in RT timber.

Wvdanimal

I've always seen it like this: realtree Juuurdan with his 80yr old fresh brown hair dye and always arrogant 'shirt collar up' vs good ol normal Toxey.... yeah mossy for me. Matter of preference.

Bagg-it Tag-it

Quote from: Wvdanimal on April 15, 2020, 10:17:07 PM
I've always seen it like this: realtree Juuurdan with his 80yr old fresh brown hair dye and always arrogant 'shirt collar up' vs good ol normal Toxey.... yeah mossy for me. Matter of preference.

I think most would agree with that analysis on personalities. Its just a curious observation that made me wonder why Realtree doesn't seem to be marketing themselves as much anymore. Mossy is the official camo of NWTF and DU as well. I just don't see Realtree camo pushed that often anymore.

paboxcall

I think MO has always been a leader in the market, trying new technologies and developing newer patterns. IMO always seemed RT was reacting to MO instead of leading themselves.

I've been a MO fan for decades, it just appeals to my own eye. But RT did have a killer pattern with the original Advantage - that flat made someone disappear in the fall woods. I watched a guy still hunt a ridge many years ago outfitted in the original Advantage, and each time he stopped I could not pick him out until he moved again even though I had my eyes on him. I think RT's new Edge is pretty close.

Quote from: Bagg-it Tag-it on April 16, 2020, 09:45:08 AM
I think most would agree with that analysis on personalities. Its just a curious observation that made me wonder why Realtree doesn't seem to be marketing themselves as much anymore. Mossy is the official camo of NWTF and DU as well. I just don't see Realtree camo pushed that often anymore.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Gobble!

Quote from: catman529 on April 15, 2020, 10:57:29 AM
It's all preference... timber looks good but I've never worn it. I've always been a fan of new bottomland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

x2