turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fed Hw#6s or Remington hevi #6s?

Started by jordanz7935, June 09, 2013, 08:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jordanz7935

I found a box of 20 ga rem hevi shot #6s turkey loads @ a local store for $26. I also found 2 boxes of 20 ga fed HW #6s for 15$ a box. Trying to stock up for next season but my budget will only allow $30 to be spent right now. Ill be shooting them thru a 21" rem 870 with a .572 rsf.My question is, if u only had $30 to spend which shells would you buy? The fed HW #7s have proven themselves on 4 birds this year for me and my buddy. My setup with the hw #7s is putting mid 130's in the 10 ring @ 40. Im leaning towards the federals but i know the rem hevi shot is highly regarded her on OG.Thanks in advance

FL-Boss

Fed hw #7 hands down

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

R AJ

You asked about Fed HW #6s and that is my choice. I haven't found the Remington HS to be that good outside of the original Hevi-Shot loaded by Environmetal for Remington.
The choice of these two is easy for me.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

SCDieselDawg

Feds. May want to swap out chokes for a non ported Carlson with those 6s though. My 26" 870 posted 140 with fed 6s through a Carlson.

jordanz7935

Thanks guys.I was already leaning towards the Fed hw 6s due to the density of the shot and the fact that i know my setup works well with the hw 7s.I just wasnt sure if i should pass up the oppurtunity to buy the rem hevi shot since it was discontinued quite a while back. But from my research guys had best luck with them thru aftermarket chokes and im still runnin the choke that came with my gun the lead only rsf.Ive been thinking hard about gettin a nice aftermarket choke for my gun but theres no need to fix something that isnt broke. That choke has killed over a dozen gobblers over the years.And, it works quite well with the hw 7's. One more question for u guys. What numbers are you guys getting @ 40 with the fed hw 6s and the .572 rsf? If i can get 110 -120 i think id have a winner.

surehuntsalot

with a Hastings .570 and the Federal HW#6's I can get 120+ out of my 870 youth
it's not the harvest,it's the chase