turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

21" 870 20ga. Will it fit a big man?

Started by Ridgerunner7, April 20, 2012, 01:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridgerunner7

I'm 6'3" and am a little worried the gun won't fit well.  I could always put extension on the stock I guess.  Is the stock actually smaller than the adult model?

mightyjoeyoung

If you mean the youth model, then yes it should still fit you as long as it has the inserts to lengthen the stock.  They're made to grow with the shooter and though it isn't a pretty set up it works none the less to make it long enough to fit adult sized shooters.  I circumvented that issue all together and purchased a Knoxx specops NRS adjustable stock (M-4 style) for mine and now it'll fit anyone from my 8 year old niece to an NBA player.  I'm 6', 3" tall and have monkey arms!  It fits me beautifully.   Here's my current set up.  Its been slightly changed now to where it is now drilled and tapped, wears a micro red dot sight, the recoil reducing version of the specops stock and a v-pod for the kiddies to be able to hold it for extended periods.

Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Ridgerunner7

Nice!  So are their extensions that go at the end of the stock?

Sand Man

I'm 6'4", but I have the knoxx adjustable stock on mine as well.

I will say that if I left the factory youth butt stock on the gun the LOP would have been waaaaaaaaaaay short for me.  With the Knoxx I have the best of both worlds...........a turkey killing machine that will fit me as well as any kid I take hunting.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

Ridgerunner7

I actually like the Sure Shot model better.  How many inches would that add to the youth stock? 

goblr77

I have a Knoxx on mine as well. If you're after a cheaper fix a slip on limbsaver pad could add a little lop to help with the fit.

gobblergls

Does Remington offer the adult stock upgrade on the Youth Model?  The Mossy Super Bantam comes with a discount certificate for purchasing the adult sized stock through Mossberg.  I exercised the option, but have kept on the original stock but increased LOP with a slip on pad.  I noted over five pages of 870 stocks on ebay today-- wood, synthetic, tactical, etc.   I can comfortably shoot a shorter LOP on turkey guns compared with wingshooting where fit is more important.  I noted the LOP on some tactical stocks is shorter than the standard 14-14.25".

wmd

I have a Sims slip-on pad that I put on my sons 1187 compact when I hunt with it.  It makes the LOP perfect for me.