OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Footballer aka Mark Cunningham

Started by Spitten and drummen, July 26, 2018, 06:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Just wanted to send props out to footballer here at OG. Been talking to him and bought 5 pot calls from him. A crystal over slate in osage , a crystal over aluminum in tigerwood , a double slate in sassafras , a slate over glass in padauk and a green slate in chestnut. Each and everyone will see vest time this spring. Most here that know me know that i am extremely picky. When you have close to 200 pot calls , this tends to happen. These calls look great , plain and nothing fancy but pretty. They are made well and i promise you , sound incredable. Roll over extremely easy , distinct 2 note yelp and insane backend. You guys should try one or 3 lol. You will be sold.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Sir-diealot

Very polite, informative and humble young man to boot.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

jryser

Indeed I have been sold myself. All Footballer and a Brumfiel for next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir-diealot

Quote from: jryser on July 26, 2018, 09:29:45 PM
Indeed I have been sold myself. All Footballer and a Brumfiel for next year!

Getting my first trumpet from Chris.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

jed clampett

I have bought a sassafras..maple and chestnut double slates and I really love them...the pecan double slate here in the future and that cherry crystal/slate sounds really good also ...hmmmm!

shatcher

My first one was aluminum over glass in walnut.  Great call.  The best one yet is the sassafras double slate!  You have to bear down a little bit, but a fantastic call!  Hats off to a fellow Tennessean!

va longbeard

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on July 26, 2018, 06:34:26 PM
Just wanted to send props out to footballer here at OG. Been talking to him and bought 5 pot calls from him. A crystal over slate in osage , a crystal over aluminum in tigerwood , a double slate in sassafras , a slate over glass in padauk and a green slate in chestnut. Each and everyone will see vest time this spring. Most here that know me know that i am extremely picky. When you have close to 200 pot calls , this tends to happen. These calls look great , plain and nothing fancy but pretty. They are made well and i promise you , sound incredable. Roll over extremely easy , distinct 2 note yelp and insane backend. You guys should try one or 3 lol. You will be sold.

I only have one call from Mark a sassafras double slate and agree with you his pots look great and are simple, I think he is on to something very good in his pot design.  It rolls over very easy into a two note yelp.  Super nice guy to deal with who I think is not in it for the money and is doing it because he loves making calls.  The call I have sounds just like his soundfiles on here which I cant say that about some other call makers calls.  If you like his soundfiles of a particular call I would recommend you try it because I feel what you here is what your going to get.

NCL

I would second everything said so far. I actually think the call I got from Mark sounds better then the sound file he sent me. I have one call from Mark now but see more in my future.

strutstopper

Another completely satisfied customer of Mark's!

Spitten and drummen

His green slate in chestnut that i have is the only one he has built so far and i will say that it sounds better to me than any green slate i have played , own or have heard. It doesnt have that shrill front end that other green slates have. It is higher pitched but not shrill
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

ridgerunner

Let's hear it, play a sound clip.

va longbeard

Quote from: ridgerunner on July 27, 2018, 12:15:44 PM

Look up Mark Cunningham on you tube there is a soundfile of that call and all the calls he is making.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: va longbeard on July 27, 2018, 04:48:50 PM
Quote from: ridgerunner on July 27, 2018, 12:15:44 PM

Look up Mark Cunningham on you tube there is a soundfile of that call and all the calls he is making.

Here you go. Normal playing and then soft playing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JftS6CM9w70
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiA1Mxqh4TQ

John Koenig:

Footballer

Thank you, Jody, and everyone else for the kind words. I'm doing my best to make an affordable hunting call. I've really enjoyed building calls thus far and meeting fellow turkey hunters!

BTH

Man builds a certified El sicko killer call!!!
Phil 4:13