OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New'ish call maker

Started by twyatt, July 26, 2018, 02:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twyatt

Hey guys, my name is Travis and I've been making calls for roughly 2 years, mostly just for fun, and as my stress reliever in the evenings.   Never messed with selling any other than to a few local guys, but figured I'd share a few on here and possibly sell a few.  (They're starting to pile up, lol).  I absolutely love to turkey hunt, and have spent countless hours trying to make the best calls I possibly can, and am always trying to improve as I go along.
I've sent a bunch of calls out to folks for critique and feedback and everything has been extremely positive so far.   
I'll be out of town for a few days on vacation, but I'll put some of these calls for sale in the classifieds when I get back next week.  Prices will be $35-$45 shipped and come with a 2pc dymondwood.  I'm hoping to offer a great sounding call that most anyone can afford, and I don't have any dreams of getting rich or making it big.  I just want to be able to move a few to be able to afford to keep making them and buying materials.
Thanks for checking them out and thanks to this great site.   I'm also on Facebook - Sweetbriar Custom Calls

Here's a few slates for now, will be adding more as I get around to taking pictures

twyatt

Couple recent glass/glass and glass/alum

va longbeard

The fit and finish on those calls look awesome, I have heard soundfiles of his calls (not the ones in the pictures but other similar calls he made) and they sounded great also. 

Great work!

SteelerFan

I am always thankful to see "new" guys getting into call making... The "new" guys that have stepped up here on OG recently are putting out some good stuff, and Travis @ Sweatbriar is no different.

His calls are meticulously crafted - and I think he's achieved a great sound. I know of a couple of "prototypes" that won't be making their way home to Virginia... they're going to be riding my vest!  ;D

More great call makers making more great calls - that's a good thing.

Here is a quick clip of a green anodized aluminum in a cherry pot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7CI-f3YeqQ

Chris O

Those look nice and that green anodized sounds really good Steelerfan. What kind of striker were you using? Thanks

Beards and Hooks

Nice looking calls Travis  :turkey2:

SteelerFan

Quote from: Chris O on July 26, 2018, 06:25:24 PM
Those look nice and that green anodized sounds really good Steelerfan. What kind of striker were you using? Thanks

My usual... Lyman hickory

Chris O

Thanks, hickory is a good choice for everything.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

sbbow

Those are some nice looking calls!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twyatt

Thank you for the kind words.   I have met some extremely kind, generous, and helpful people on this site that I owe a great debt of gratitude to.   The patience, knowledge, willingness to help, and push in the right direction has been greatly appreciated.   

ridgerunner

twyatt