turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Lights Out Slate ?

Started by Ol Yelper, May 19, 2017, 07:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ol Yelper

Hey guys, I've been looking at a Lights Out Ash Slate call at Midwest. Really a nice looking call and the description of sound is good. I had a Lights Out aluminum a few years ago and didn't really care for it but am willing to try another from Wendall. Anyone have any thoughts on the Ash Slate? I'd appreciate it before I go ahead and order.

Footballer

I've heard good things about his White Oak slate but don't know about the Ash. I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

I have a black jack oak slate that sounds great. I ordered the white oak and can give feedback in a week or so when it arrives.

beardhunter87

I have 3 or 4 Lights Out . At first the Aluminum wasn't really my style, but as I played his Yellowheart Aluminum it started to get raspy and boy did it turn into a nice call! I'd say that's one of his raspyier calls tho as his pot design is a amazing but acts different with slate or Glass/slate as it would in a Halloran or Shaffer pot. If you are looking for rasp, prob wouldn't be for you, if you like soft talk and purrs and bubble clucks this would be great. Good Luck!

Ol Yelper

Thanks for the help. I do like a slate that will call soft but also sound good when you crank it up. I have a SS GameOver slate that will do that, and the Halloran Wenge is also good. Will have to think about the Lights Out I guess. Thanks again.

beardhunter87

I was surprised and I always carry my SS Game over Walnut call. They make great pot and box calls.

coyote1

The white oak is a little more mellow pitch than my black jack oak. It sounds great played soft and you can really crank on it if needed. Effortless roll over with all of his calls.

dejake

I have an Osage slate; don't care for it that much.