turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Favorite aluminum

Started by Mossberg835, January 16, 2017, 03:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossberg835

With everyone starting to get some new calls I thought I would ask what is your favorite aluminum?

PALongspur

Mark Cornelius aluminum over glass in cherry.

pauld

Get one from Lee Chadwick, Misfire on here, Aluminum over slate, you won't be sorry that you did!

Will_price

Lonzos stoned aluminum. Acrylic or wood pot.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

Clardh

Mine is a Lonzo stoned aluminun in an acrylic pot too. I am waiting on a Scott Hock ambrosia aluminun and if it is anything like his slate over slate in an oak pot, I may have to change my mind.  :icon_thumright:

Bowguy

I'm an aluminum freak. Got lots of aluminum. Best meat calls I've ever had were Schafers. His Atomic 13 has been great as his sapele aluminum over aluminum. I was supposed to stop by tonight to run a new one but looks like our schedules work better tomo.
Mac aluminum is great, one of my new top calls is Dustin Jones aluminum. Like Lonzos acrylic aluminum n he's shipping me his stoned tomo. Dawkins slick aluminum in a walnut pot has got to be one of the better/easier running of that type and his stoned is a plastic pot doesn't ever slip. All great calls. Don't forget Platz cherry aluminum too. I like any of those personally but if I was going tomo one of Jimmys gets first spot due to great history w them. Are they my favorites? Idk I just love aluminum calls

paboxcall

Old school for me, Dick Kirby's original aluminum in the black pot.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

hunter22

Lonzo's stoned or anodized in wood or acrylic pots, Darrin Dawkins stoned aluminum in a walnut or plastic pot, and Jimmy Schaffer's Tiger Maple aluminum over aluminum, Bill Lyman's Ebony bare aluminum. I have killed gobblers with Bill and Darrin's. I have not hunted Lon's or Jimmy's yet but will this spring.

gergg

Another vote for Lonzo---mine is stoned alum over alum in a Cocobolo pot and it rocks--but I believe what MDTOM84 said, any pot flavor would do.
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Double B

Paboxcall, I hear that.  Old aluminator for me and an Al Holbert Enticer wet one aluminum.  Don't care for anodized. 
Followed by buzzards

OHturkey85

Lonzo aluminum over aluminum l have both the stoned and the anodized and like them both. I also like Jimmy Schaffer's sapele double aluminum it plays easy and has a lively yelp to it.

MikeStaten

Quote from: OHturkey85 on January 16, 2017, 07:53:51 PM
Lonzo aluminum over aluminum l have both the stoned and the anodized and like them both. I also like Jimmy Schaffer's sapele double aluminum it plays easy and has a lively yelp to it.

Agreed. Hanks also makes a great one.

beakbuster10

Dawkins stoned aluminum over glass is next level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Britton40

Corder anodized aluminum

Full strut

Lights out anodized aluminum over glass in a yellow heart pot. Drives them mad