OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What's you're favorite pot call?

Started by Techn9cian02, December 31, 2016, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double B

Followed by buzzards

Jgarrett

Impossible to list just one:
Day 1 in my vest this year.
Lyman Osage crystal over aluminum over slate 2 sider
Daybreak padauk ceramic
Lyman Wenge Aluminum over glass
Paul Platz Cherry slate over glass

Strikers:
Lyman green camo dymondwood
Lyman Purpleheart
Lyman Persimmon
Lyman Bocote

Box:
Halloran PH/cedar short box
Dan Whittenberg cedar over Sitka spruce paddle
John Garrett IV
The Panhandle of Florida

gergg

Brad Roberts Pots are great, best I have run in a long time. I have 3 of his pots, all with Bronze glass over aluminum. The different woods make them all sound very different too, but they all have great playability, rollover, tone.......which I attribute to the bronze glass over aluminum combo. I really like Brad's strikers too, I have the Macassar Ebony, Snakewood, and Grenadillo.....hard to beat the Macassar Ebony, but the other 2 sound awesome too....lol

My pots are made with====Black Walnut(Middle of the road tone), Poplar,(deeper tone) Zebrawood(brightest tone). Not sure which one I favor, they all run great and are full of turkey. Crazy thing is I will probably sell these as I never use pots hunting....lol
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls

Yelper

EZ

There are really so many great pot call makers these days that it would be impossible for me to list a "favorite" call. However, my most recent pot by MAC has me very impressed.

hunter22

I have over 150 pot calls and this still has to be my favorite, an older Lon Trice black acrylic with bronzed glass/glass playing surface. I named her Black Death some time ago.

https://soundcloud.com/hunter22-2/lonzo-black-death-1

PALongspur

1) Walnut green slate over aluminum by Mark Cornelius

2) Cody Spec 1 slate

3) Roger Parks Gobbler call

wvmntnhick

Not 100% certain what my favorite is at this precise moment but gun to my head I'm taking my Yingling slate or Lonnie Sneed hot hen if the weather is bone dry. Otherwise it's going to be Yingling ceramic, titanium, or the Sneed outlaw hen. Love them all and have many more that will see woods time this year but those are probably gonna be the first out of the vest.

Clardh

I just started collecting pot calls this past year (2016). I have purchased about 30 pot calls from many mentioned here. Just recently, I purchased a slate call from Scott Hock on old gobbler. It is a Quartersawn white oak, slate over slate and to me it has to be one of the best sounding calls I have played. It is super easy to play, consistent and there are many turkeys to be found on the playing surface. I do believe Scott's calls will be heavily sought after once his name gets out. Do yourself a favor and get on his list.

Doug

davisd9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

turkeymanjim

HFultzjr

My favorite is the one the gobbler wants to answer.
Some days it's this one, other days it's that one.
That's why I'm an addict!
:newmascot:

Happy

Don't really have a favorite. Have things narrowed down to about 6 calls that I will use for the most part. A lot of birds have died to an old aluminator that I have had for years. Had an old primos power crystal that ruined many a gobblers day that I gave to a young man after his first turkey. Haven't found one that sounded as good since then. I believe it's more the operator than the call. That being said I think certain calls fit certain people better than others.

Sent from my SM-G800R4 using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

slwayne

I have a bunch that I like but the one that is always in my vest is the Crystal Mistress.

ThunderChickenHunter21

Mine is my Clint Corder pot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk