OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Couple from Lon

Started by hunter22, October 02, 2016, 10:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hunter22

I just got these two from Lon Trice. First is a Blue Mahoe bronzed glass over aluminum. Next is a Padauk stoned aluminum over aluminum. Both of these are flat out killers. I am amazed at the sound from each call I receive from him. As he has said before, it is not his first rodeo.

eorlando

Those look like some killers there Rickey. I see you already have some Lyman strikers paired up with them. I have never played a call from Lonnie Trice. I need to get a hold of him and order a couple. Any specific combinations you like better than others?

hunter22

I have over a dozen pot calls made by Lon and never played one I did not like. These two are really good. His acrylic calls are about as good as they get. You can't go wrong with whatever he makes you.

I picked a couple Lyman strikers to try on these two along with the 2-piece strikers Lon sent. Bill's strikers make a great pot call sound awesome.

The Woodsman

Nice calls Rickey to add to your collection!!!!
I still don't know how you can pick which ones you'll carry, LOL

Denny

Matt k

MikeStaten

QuoteAny specific combinations you like better than others?

I've got several from Lon and I think his anodized aluminum over aluminum in black acrylic pot is the best one ive heard.  In fact, its the best call I've ever heard from any callmaker.  His crystal over glass in paduak is also awesome, especially if you like a raspy call. 

jjnfla

Bowhuntr73

mgm1955

REBELYELL

Those are killer Rickey. Two great combos from one of the best.