Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Loftis Crystal Screamer or Screamin Demon??

Started by Bowhuntr73, June 02, 2016, 07:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bowhuntr73

I see that when these come up in classifieds they go like hot cakes. Does anyone have a preference to which one is caller friendly or can voice their opinion which call has the more raspier turkey sounds made from it?? Just wondering cause looking for one or a ceramic pot. I ordered a Daybreak ceramic so not looking for one of those. Thanks, for the read I am learning a lot from you folks and best of all, I am having fun doing it!!!

Britton40

Only have the crystal screamer. It's named appropriately. Lots of rasp.

davisd9

Got a crystal screamer and would not trade it for any other pot call. It drives toms crazy!

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Gobbleandgrunt

I'm partial to the screamer. Of coarse the guy who makes it lives down the road from me. The demon is a little lower keyed. It's not a ear buster like the screamer.

Bowhuntr73

Thxs all, I think I know which direction to go!

VAarrowslinger

I have both. And they sound very different. The loftis is higher pitched and raspier whereas the demon is more mellow but with the right striker, the demon comes alive and sounds great. Both are winners. Not similar at all but both are killers

Smooth_Operator

I have both, love both, although I think the Screamer wins by a hair. Can't go wrong with either...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Bowhuntr73

Now the question is does anyone have one in new condition to sell or how to get one???

1iagobblergetter