turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Top call makers

Started by skimerhorn, May 03, 2016, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

So I've been working on my collection and gradually getting more calls in. What are some of the top call makers to get from? I want to get on the long lists now and get some from some of the older call makers while they're still doing it. What names besides dawkins, platz,corder,and sneed?

Bowguy

Oak ridge, SS, Mac, Lonzo, Halloran are ones to look at n you'd be crazy not to get a few from each

MikeStaten

Quote from: Bowguy on May 03, 2016, 08:35:28 PM
Oak ridge, SS, Mac, Lonzo, Halloran are ones to look at n you'd be crazy not to get a few from each

That's as good a list as any.

West Augusta

Pot calls?  Box Calls?  Trumpets?  Tube calls?  Wingbones? Scratch Boxes? Locators?

Don't do like I did and try to collect them all.   :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

hunter22

Bill Lyman, Daybreak, Andy Kaiser, Glen Marrer, Larry Bean, Dustin Jones, Clint Corder, Ed Jenkins,  and John Sinclair in addition to those previously mentioned. LOTS of great pot call makers out there now.

Bowguy

Quote from: hunter22 on May 03, 2016, 08:49:17 PM
Bill Lyman, Daybreak, Andy Kaiser, Glen Marrer, Larry Bean, Dustin Jones, Clint Corder, Ed Jenkins,  and John Sinclair in addition to those previously mentioned. LOTS of great pot call makers out there now.
Is Dustin Jones making calls again?

KYHeadhunter02

Enough to make your head spin!

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Bowguy on May 03, 2016, 08:52:12 PM
Quote from: hunter22 on May 03, 2016, 08:49:17 PM
Is Dustin Jones making calls again?

his facebook looks like he's been shipping calls again.

Another one is Houndstooth might not be as fancy but his calls can talk
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Browning87

This year I just started really getting into the customs but have added Platz, Shaeffer, Brad Roberts, lonzo, Dawkins, halloran, and have a bunch on order. I got the itch bad this year!!!

AndyinIdaho

Tim Clayton, Kimmy Hanks, Tim Sanford

letinmfly

If you're looking for some real good potcalls at a great price check out Jake Naessen owner of Rugged Custom Calls.  I just picked up a few from him and they are all turkey!!  His glass over glass is amongst the best I've ever heard. 
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

MikeStaten

Quote from: letinmfly on May 04, 2016, 03:53:12 PM
If you're looking for some real good potcalls at a great price check out Jake Naessen owner of Rugged Custom Calls.  I just picked up a few from him and they are all turkey!!  His glass over glass is amongst the best I've ever heard.

Lou,  just got a few sound files from Jake and ordered some calls from him.  They sound good.  Got his glass over aluminum in ash pot and glass over glass in walnut. 

letinmfly

Good choice Mike.  His Cherry aluminum is also good.  The price of his calls is just too good to pass up, and especially for the quality of the sound of his calls.
Captain of the former Gobble Kings

MikeStaten

Does he use blasted, anodized or plain aluminum?

nitro

"Redbeard" Dean Mundhenke, Jack Mincey, Lonzo, and Ricky Padgett from SC all make great pot calls..
Royal Slam 2008