OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

How many sneed calls are there?

Started by skimerhorn, May 03, 2016, 07:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skimerhorn

Like so many others on here I intend to give Mr sneed a call once the season goes out and put in a order. How many call does he actually make? I want to go ahead and get a few but I think there are some he makes I'm not aware of. Does anybody know all of them?

Snood Life

The ones I know he makes:
Outlaw hen
Hot hen
Lonesome hen
Tree talker
He also makes a box call

Strick9

He made an aluminum at one time but I can't recall the name?
LowCountryWildlifeManagement
Knowing Wildlife beyond Science
Genesis 9;2

hunter22

Here are my different Lonnie Sneed calls.

Kwgoke

That's an awesome collection Hunter22!!! I'll bet more than 1 or 2 gobblers have met their end over that set of killers!

hunter22

Lonnie makes different sizes of the same call. The top row, left to right, has a Hot Hen with 3 1/4 inch playing surface, a Hot Hen with a 3 1/2 inch playing surface, and a Raspy Boss Hen that has a 3 1/4 inch playing surface. The green glass calls on the second row all have different sized playing surfaces. The 3 1/4 inch Hot Hen called in over a dozen gobblers one year to the gun. It almost become an unfair advantage that year. When I run the call something was coming. I semi-retired it after that. The pot call on the bottom row is an aluminum call. One of the best kee kee pots I have seen.

Gobbleandgrunt

I have been in touch with mr sneed as I have been wanting that aluminum. He can't get the supplies he wants. I was told to contact him after season to see if he was able to obtain the aluminum surface he prefers.