OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Conditioning Hank's Aluminum

Started by MikeStaten, May 03, 2016, 07:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeStaten

What are you using to condition Hanks anodized aluminum?  Call sounds amazing when freshly conditioned with scotch brite it but seems to lose it quickly.  Thinking of running some fine sandpaper over it but don't want to mess it up. 

scoot12

If its the slick anodized aluminum,  I just use a green scotchbrite pad and also sometimes use pool cue chalk on my striker tip.  Scoot

skimerhorn

My aluminum needed to br freshened up quite often. It's kind of a pain but worth it

MikeStaten

Quote from: scoot12 on May 03, 2016, 07:34:49 PM
If its the slick anodized aluminum,  I just use a green scotchbrite pad and also sometimes use pool cue chalk on my striker tip.  Scoot

Don't know why I didn't think about doing that as that's what I do with my Lonzo acrylic.   Will give it a shot.  Thanks

870BkWht

Try lightly sanding the striker tip then add a little drop of super glue and them rub your chalk on the glued tip.

Take it one step further and order yourself some rain chalk. It's the best for box calls, striker tips, and even striking surfaces.

Stump.270

U can scotch brite and then rub box call chalk on it or just call Jeff graham and get his aluminum that will run as easy as slatw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snood Life

Quote from: Stump.270 on May 06, 2016, 01:49:58 PM
U can scotch brite and then rub box call chalk on it or just call Jeff graham and get his aluminum that will run as easy as slatw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which one of his calls do you recommend?