turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which striker for my Light's Out pot calls

Started by chestnut oak, May 01, 2016, 07:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chestnut oak

Need some help with a couple of my Light's Out pots. One is Black Anodized Aluminum & the other one is a Glass. Just checking to see if anyone else has these two calls & if so, what strikers your running on them. I guess I could call Wendell & ask him but was curious to see if anyone else had these calls. Thanks for any help.

wvmntnhick

Well, I've found that a good black locust is hard to beat on most surfaces. Other good choices are spectraply, a good carbon/fiber rod striker, Halloran yellowheart, blood wood, etc. see where I'm headed here? Just going to have to play around. If you're looking for a good custom striker, check with west Augusta. I've heard he makes some super great strikers.

REBELYELL

Wendell's dymonwood striker runs well on both calls.

birdhunterdave

I picked up one of Matt McClains bubinga strikers at the unicoi show last january, I really like it on the aluminum call. As far as the glass goes, I have one of wendells bloodwork strikers that I really like.

Jbird22

Quote from: REBELYELL on May 01, 2016, 11:48:03 PM
Wendell's dymonwood striker runs well on both calls.
Yes and runs well on about any call you can think of.

chestnut oak

Thanks for all the help guy's ! :thanks: I Contacted Wendell today & ordered a Blood Wood, Diamond Wood, & Black Locust.