turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Poor customer service

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 27, 2016, 12:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

I've been debating on mentioning anything, but I ordered a natural addiction slate(was told they had some made up). Before I placed my order I asked if they would ship it as soon as possible and priority because my season was starting in a couple days. They told me it would be no problem. I sent them money as a PayPal gift to help cover any additional shipping charges. About 6 days later I contacted them to see if it has shipped, and to see if they had a tracking number. They said they couldn't find one, but they thought it had shipped. They agreed to refund me when I asked for one if I didn't receive it in a couple of days. I guess I was told a lie because I was told one of them had surgery and then was told he was busy doing work on his house. Instead of a 2-3 days it took almost 10 days to get my call. I also asked them to sign the back and of course it wasn't signed. I'm not one to bash on anyone I just wish I had been told the truth from the start. I would have probably gone a different route had I known, although the call sounds good. They did apologize.

I also heard from another member it took them a month to get a call after some difficulty. I believe they should have hooked him up with a free striker or something for all his trouble.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I feel like I should have received better service or at least honesty. My money will go elsewhere in the future.

jed clampett

It took me a full 2 weeks to get my call and that was after they received my m/o ..i had tracking on it ...so i know when the m/o got there...then the postal sevice smashed the call...the box was opened an the call was broke....i contacted Del he got back to me right away...he called me and i sent pics to him...i payed to ship the call back priority ..it then took a little over a week to get my call after he received the broken one...he did contact me quickly after i text..ed him. about the broken one...he called me minutes afterward by phone call..which was good serice...but their shipping definitely lacks service...the call sounded great!!!

howl

If you order turkey calls from a turkey hunter during turkey season, you can expect some tomfoolery.  We all go goofy this time of year.

duckaholic25

I messaged Del on here and sent them a message on facebook over a week ago trying to order a call, and still have no response. I wouldnt put to much into it because it is turkey season, but they have made several post on facebook since Ive sent my message so I know they got my message.

jed clampett

I agree with seasons being open...now is a bad. time to order a turkey call..when i ordered mine there wasn't a season open. in the whole country an it was already made.  I also agree with people being busy with family and job
I also was told it would be sent right out....would i order from him again...you bet i would

TauntoHawk

I have found there are LOTS of very good call builders... some have great customer service, verbal communication, and are very fast. Others lack greatly in some or all of those departments but still build a great call if you can get one. You have to choose if each call is worth the dealings with the builder. For almost all call makers its not a full time business, they also might be very good at building things that sound like turkeys but may not be a "people person" or very good at organization or business edict.

Personally I like to deal with guys that I know go above and beyond and also are great at taking the time to talk and chat turkeys not someone who is going to take my order and rush off. There are a few above and beyond guys that I always go back to, that said some of them take a long time others are almost instant if they have calls on hand.

To share a positive story: Last year I took a good spill on a rocky ridge carrying a gobbler out, (fractured my wrist and sprained some ligaments but that's besides the point) during my fall I crushed my Jimmy Schaffer Mad Hen I. When I called Jimmy about the broken pot to see if he would fix it, remember it was 110% my fault it was broke. He not only offered to fix the crystal surface free but he shipped me a replacement call in two days no charge so I could keep hunting while I shipped the broken call back and he fixed it. Then at the end of the season we made the swap back for the original now fixed call and I sent back replacement call. Stand up guys get repeat business which is why I have more pots from him than any other single maker.

On the other end of the spectrum I've had a call makers that quoted me 4-6 months and I got me call after 13 months with no word in between.... did I mind, NOT ONE BIT. simply because his calls are that good I don't care if service is slow
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobbleandgrunt

I haven't had any trouble with them, but I was also told that one of the guys was on pain meds and some of the ordered a got mixed up. I know life happens. Their zebrawood slate is worth the wait.

Snood Life

When I got their call, they had done a great job wrapping it in foam. It was actually one of the best packing jobs I had seen on a pot call. The only wait I experienced was waiting for Del to have time to run to Billy's house to get the call to ship it. I liked the slate so much I ordered a trumpet. Hate you feel you had a bad experience. Personally I would recommend them!

savduck

Gentleman, this is Del. Another customer texted me and told me I needed to log in.

We've sent hundreds of calls out prior to the start of the season, a vast majority with no issues. We did a lot of volume last year and like any business had a handful of issues. I personally am pissed at how his experience went. My partner got an earful from me about it. What's done is done though and all I can do is give a heart felt apology. I hate to loose him as a customer but totally understand his point of view.

With that being said though as a reminder I posted up on this forum that when the season came in we were slowing way down to hunt and handle work and families for a few months and wouldn't be checking the Internet. I provided my personal phone for contact due to that fact. We do our best to be as quick as possible and process orders and for the most part we do that. Every once and a while something slips through the cracks.

My partner Billy had hernia surgery two weeks ago and is laid out of work for six weeks. While he is out he has had his home being remodeled. He is on pain meds, strong ones.  I normally handle shipping, but was away on a hunting trip out of town. I didn't know anything about the order. If I had, things may have been different. My apologies
Georgia Boy

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: howl on April 27, 2016, 01:22:51 PM
If you order turkey calls from a turkey hunter during turkey season, you can expect some tomfoolery.  We all go goofy this time of year.

Agree..I actually remember a post from Del when his pot calls starting selling like hot cakes..He said what he had was it and when they was gone that was it because he and bill would be in the woods.

Del is the last person on this earth that would try to get over on someone..common sense tells me a turkey hunter is gonna hunt when season is in.

mgm1955

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on April 27, 2016, 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: howl on April 27, 2016, 01:22:51 PM

Agree..I actually remember a post from Del when his pot calls starting selling like hot cakes..He said what he had was it and when they was gone that was it because he and bill would be in the woods.

Del is the last person on this earth that would try to get over on someone..common sense tells me a turkey hunter is gonna hunt when season is in.
Quote from: savduck on April 27, 2016, 10:01:46 PM
Gentleman, this is Del. Another customer texted me and told me I needed to log in.

We've sent hundreds of calls out prior to the start of the season, a vast majority with no issues. We did a lot of volume last year and like any business had a handful of issues. I personally am pissed at how his experience went. My partner got an earful from me about it. What's done is done though and all I can do is give a heart felt apology. I hate to loose him as a customer but totally understand his point of view.

With that being said though as a reminder I posted up on this forum that when the season came in we were slowing way down to hunt and handle work and families for a few months and wouldn't be checking the Internet. I provided my personal phone for contact due to that fact. We do our best to be as quick as possible and process orders and for the most part we do that. Every once and a while something slips through the cracks.

My partner Billy had hernia surgery two weeks ago and is laid out of work for six weeks. While he is out he has had his home being remodeled. He is on pain meds, strong ones.  I normally handle shipping, but was away on a hunting trip out of town. I didn't know anything about the order. If I had, things may have been different. My apologies
I think these two posts tell the story.

Houndstooth Game Calls

Del and Billy are good folks and everyone is gonna have hiccups in customer service it's a learning process starting a buisness that you strive to make each year better and I know Del and Billy are stand up guys!  I am sure will take care of any problem that arise.. I would trust them with anything they told me and if it didn't happen exactly  that way it was probably something unforseen...

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on April 28, 2016, 01:14:43 PM
Del and Billy are good folks and everyone is gonna have hiccups in customer service it's a learning process starting a buisness that you strive to make each year better and I know Del and Billy are stand up guys!  I am sure will take care of any problem that arise.. I would trust them with anything they told me and if it didn't happen exactly  that way it was probably something unforseen...

Not knowing how long they've been at it, I'll agree about one thing for sure. Start ups are in fact rough. There are almost always hoops that the new business man didn't see in the beginning. I know this to be fact as I'm in the same boat. Started a business last summer and it's taking off rapidly. Unfortunately, it seems as though we're running into red tape fairly consistently. It's caused a few delays and has upset a couple people initially but we've busted our tails to see to it that we've made it right in the eyes of the customer. It sounds to me that if given the chance, they will also.

boatpaddle

This online open topic explaination with numerous apologies tells me all, I need to know about Del Crow.... :you_rock:

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

mgm1955

Quote from: boatpaddle on April 28, 2016, 07:23:29 PM

This online open topic explaination with numerous apologies tells me all, I need to know about Del Crow.... :you_rock:
:agreed: :agreed: