OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Difference between Schaefer's Mad Hen I and Mad Hen II?

Started by Row Jimmy, April 25, 2016, 01:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Row Jimmy

Looking into a Mad Hen.  Wondering the difference between the I and II?  Anybody that has both care to give an opinion?
Also, how would they compare/compliment  the Halloran Double Glass I have now?

Thanks for any info.

hunter22

I have both the Mad Hen I and Mad Hen II. I believe the II is glass over slate and the I is glass over glass. I personally like the Mad Hen I the best.

MikeStaten

scoot12

The mad hen 1 is more raspy and the mad hen 2 does have a slate soundboard.  The mad hen 1 I believe has a copper wrapped glass soundboard which gives it that crazy rasp.  Scoot

Bowguy

I only own the mad hen 2 but when I ran em both I liked the 2 better. Got friends that feel both ways. Don't think you can lose either way.

goblr77

I like the Mad Hen 2 with the slate sound board better. Both calls are great though. I struggled to like the Mad Hen I sound until I found a striker that suited it. I traded it off this year and regret it. I'll be ordering another Mad Hen I soon.

TauntoHawk

I like the I it's tone just seems to get birds going, the II sounds closer to other calls I already had but the I is more unique in my mind than the usual crystal call sound.

its like picking a favorite between the twisted sister and crystal mistress guys are gonna be on both sides of the fence but so are piles of dead turkeys  :newmascot:
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>