OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Can y'all help me help a friend new to call making

Started by turkey buster, April 23, 2016, 09:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkey buster

If you interested in trying a call or a veteran at making them could you give him a try or some advice.

Call my buddy Tiny at Bustin Beaks Game Calls @ 769-204-0313. He's new to the call making scene but this year everyone including myself who's used his prototypes have had birds work well and several kills made. I know there are a lot of good and respectable seasoned call makers out there, but everyone starts off from scratch.

turkey buster

yelpy

turkey buster

HFultzjr

Any sound files available?
That really seems to get people fired up.

KYHeadhunter02

If he wants to sell calls he needs to do a sound file of several calls or make some videos on you tube. There's tons of call makers now days and competition is stiff. I'm not personally going to spend money on an unknown call maker without running one or at least hearing one. Best of luck to him.

turkey buster

He has some sound files if I could learn to put them on here. He said anyone that wanted to hear one he would do them one better and send them video showing his call being worked. I can give y'all his number or if someone can help me with sound files...

HFultzjr

His best bet would be to create a free Youtube account.
Or, Soundcloud.
Then upload some videos or even just sound files.
Then post the links on here.
Not hard to do, just google "how to post a video on You Tube".
Sound files and videos can be done with most cell phones.
Even the cheaper ones have this option, at least sound.
Have him record from about 25-50 ft. from the call, as that is more realistic.
I agree, his biggest hurdle right now is not many will even look, let alone buy, without see or hearing his work. No matter how good he is, he needs to "get it out there", so people can notice him. If he is good, word of mouth will be his best advertisement after he sells a few. A lot of good call makers also post on ebay. He can then post the ebay links in the ebay advertising section on here.

Good luck.

KYHeadhunter02

HFultzjr

Nice looking calls.
Although it's kinda late for this year, have him post some in the classifieds on here and see how it goes.
Please make sure he reads the new rules.

Harold