OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dymondwood

Started by callmakerman, April 22, 2016, 09:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callmakerman

has been a hot item this year. I'm still getting requests for it and I thought I'd better post this. I do have a few sticks of dymondwood that I have put back for myself in case I lose one of my personal strikers other then that I do not have any more. Like everyone else I would love to hear that someone plans on making it again but after almost 2 years that seems to be a pipe dream.  I'm going to be turning some Dymalux to try it out and see how it compares. It for me is about as close as I can come to dymondwood at this time.

ccleroy

Webwood is as good as I've found as a replacement......it's pretty dang good stuff.

mmclain

I'm glad I still have a good stash of dymondwood

callmakerman

Quote from: ccleroy on April 22, 2016, 11:05:59 PM
Webwood is as good as I've found as a replacement......it's pretty dang good stuff.
I haven't tried it yet myself but have heard mixed reviews on it. OK Matt you talked me into it. I'll buy some off you.  :turkey2: :TooFunny:

West Augusta

With Webb wood, you have to cut it the right way or it won't turn well.  I had 3 samples from them.  It isn't that bad but it isn't Dymondwood. 
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Buzzkiller

What is Dymondwood ? I have several dymondwood strikers from several call makers none of them look,feel or sound them same. I see several colors from bubblegum to plain dymondwood. Other striker woods are usually
more of the same look and close in sound to me.

West Augusta

Dymondwood is a man made plywood type product that was made by the Rutland company before they burned down a few years ago.  The product was layers of beechwood that were individually stained in various colors,  sprayed with resin and pressed and heated until cured. There was a myriad of colors.  Even though it was a man made product,  not all Dymondwood was the same.  Some was harder than others.
www.rutply.com
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

mmclain

I got a good supply but not that good...lol!!!